Chapter 53: Being treated differntly and making a decision

Hey Guys and Girls, I finally updated again. Yay. Sorry for the long wait, but I had a bit of a writing block and I wasn't feeling well yesterday, so I didn't managed to finish the chapter yesterday as I actually wanted to do. Anyway I hope you enjoy it.

Until the next chapter,

Caro :D

Four days later

Mark POV

Jack and I were in a good mood when we walked to school and parted our ways at the entrance again, so we could get to our classes. However, my good mood slowly disappeared when I realized how the other students stared at me. Carefully and uncomfortable I made my way towards my class. When I entered my class room, I was stared at again. Only Ethan and Tyler acted and greeted me normally after I sat down next to them. While I was talking with my friends, I didn't really noticed the looks I got. Shortly after our class began and Miss Starlight entered the room. Class was quite normal until someone asked: "Miss Starlight? How does it actually work that a single person can use all different magic types?"

Miss Starlight looked at the student in surprise. "Why do you want to know this?", came it from the blond teacher and the girl said: "Well, we have a hybrid here in class, that's why I wanted to know how he works. Maybe I can then understand why the things a few weeks ago happened." Miss Starlight looked briefly at the girl before her eyes wandered to me. I felt all eyes on me and I couldn't stop looking at the floor. Miss Starlight was able to convince the students to focus again and that she couldn't answer the question from the girl. After that class continued quite normal again.

After class was over I ran almost immediately out of the class room and nearly crashed into Jack. My boyfriend was smiling at me, however, his smile vanished instantly when he saw my stressed face. Carefully Jack grabbed my hand and led me to the training fields. Once there we sat down and I leaned against his chest. Jack didn't asked what was wrong, because he knew I didn't want to talk about it. Our friends came one after the other and they began to have a normal conversation. However, I didn't join in and just looked at the ground. When our next class started, pretty much the same happened to me. Everyone was staring at me when they could and because of that, it was difficult for me to concentrate properly.

Therefore, Cry managed to hit me all the time so that I lost my balance and fell on the sandy ground over and over again during our sword fight. Mister Stoneheart knew something was up and he walked towards us. He told Cry that he should take care of another student for a while, before he crouched down to be eye level with me. "Mark? What's going on? You're normally not that distracted. I know you can do more than that.", he said to me. I just looked down at the ground and meant: "I'm sorry. I can't concentrate today." "You should rest then, it might help you. You just got fit enough to go to school again.", he told me. I just nodded and sat down at the edge of the training fields.

When class was over my friends came to me and we walked to our next class together. Today we had randomly selected teams again. This time I was with none of my friends in a group. I heard one of my team-mates whisper: "That's just great, we have to work together with the demon magnet." //"I want to beat this guy up so he can't walk for months."//, threatened Dark, but I was able to stop him. The exercise was hell for me and I had to calm Dark down most of the time. Luckily class went by faster than I thought and I ran back to school before my friends could get to me. I hid in the class room of our history class to have my peace. My friends didn't found me in here too. It was only when the class started that they saw me again. Jack then ran up to me and hugged me.

"Mark, what's wrong? Why did you ran away?", asked Jack while stroking my cheeks. I looked at him and replied: "I just didn't feel well and I wanted to have some time alone. I'm sorry." Jack just shook his head and smiled at me. "It's okay. You're still recovering. ... But is really nothing else bothering you?", came it from my boyfriend. I shook my head and Mister Johnson came into the class room. Class started off quite normal, however, my classmates stared at me from time to time. At one point though one of them said then: "Mister Johnson? I just wanted to ask if our whole history is now wrong, because the legend is actually true?" "Oh, well, you see, I can't answer that. It is possible, but I think that only a few parts of history are affected.", our teacher explained.