Chapter 79: Trapped

Hey Guys and Girls. Sorry it took so long to update but a lot was going on and I was working to write more chapters right after each other because we are close to the end of this story.

My guess is that it will only be not more then ten chapters until the end. But no promises. Maybe it are more. XD

Well I hope you enjoy the chapter.

Ethan POV

I fell together with Bob, Wade and Tyler in a big water pool that was located in the basement of the castle ruins. Shortly after getting out of the portal we landed in the icy water. As fast as we could we swam back to the surface and took a deep breath. Afterwards we climbed out of the pool and looked around. In the middle of the room there was the very deep pool filled with water, in which we landed. On each wall of the room was a door, which appeared to be locked when we looked at them more closely. As we continued to look for an exit, Wade discovered a key that suddenly hung down from the ceiling on a thin rope. "Hey guys, look. There's a key that is hanging from the ceiling. Maybe it opens one of the doors.", came it from our friend. Tyler looked at the key carefully and said: "Hmm, could be possible. But I'm not sure if we would trigger any mechanism by pulling on the string the key hangs on."

"True, but do we have any other choice? The doors are locked.", I asked and Bob said then: "I don't think that we can crack these doors open with our magic. They are made of magic proofed material." "Then we have to use the key. Tyler help me get the key down from there.", said Wade and climbed on Tyler's shoulders to try and get our only way out of this basement room. After several attempts they managed to get the key. However, before Wade could unhook the key from the string, Tyler tripped while trying to keep his balance and both landed back in the icy pool with the key. Shortly after they swam back to the surface and climbed out of the cold water, before suddenly a mechanism was set in motion. All the water disappeared and now we were able to see the hidden sharp metal spikes sticking out of the ground.

At the same time the floor we were standing on started moving back into the wall. We all panicked a little bit and screamed for someone to help, while Tyler ran to all the doors and tried to open them with the key. However, none of the doors opened with the key, when I suddenly discovered something. With a firm voice I said to my friends: "Guys, down there's a door!" The other three looked at me confused and scared, before they saw the door I found that was on the wall of the pool. Bob conjured up immediately a staircase of light, which we used to get to the door. Tyler put the key into the lock and it fit, before he turned the key around to unlock the door and opened it.

Felix POV

While screaming I landed with a loud thud on several wooden barrels before hitting the hard stone floor. "Owwwwwww. That hurt a lot. You fucking barrels. Why didn't you catch me properly? You always have to betray me.", I groaned and sat up slowly, while I brushed the dust of my clothes. //"Hahahaha, oh man, you're so hilarious sometimes."//, came it from my Demon Side Evil. Offended I replied to him: "Shut up you ass." Afterwards I stood up and shook my head briefly, before I looked around carefully. A loud sigh came from me when I noticed that around me are just even more wooden barrels. "Barrels!", I growled and I walked up to the small staircase that led to a wooden door. However, the door was locked so I turned around and I saw a buzzer on one of the barrels. Next to it was a note, which had something written on it.

//Do you trust your fellow comrades, then press this button to get help from them.//, I read the sentence in my mind. I pondered for a moment before I pressed the button, because I had no other choice. Suddenly I heard something rustling and out of nowhere rushed down water from several tubes into the room. The room filled very quickly with water and the barrels began to float on the surface. Slightly freaked out I ran off swearing towards the door and tried to get it open with force. However, I couldn't break through the door, since it had a magic seal on it, which neutralised all magic attacks. While I was trying to somehow get the door to open for me, the water was slowly rising and already was up to my ankles. Not to mention that the barrels took an enormous amount of space from me by floating on the surface.