Chapter 69: Defeat and a risky rescue plan

Hey Guys and Girls. Here is another lovely chapter. Hope you have a nice 3rd of December. Enjoy todays chapter.

Caro :D

Dark POV

From this uneasy feeling overwhelmed, I broke the kiss and looked around me. "Dark? What's wrong, love?", asked me Anti worried and stroked gently over my arms. Nervous and uncomfortable I replied: "I don't know, but this moment is somehow familiar to me." Carefully I stood up and held my soulmate close to me. Shortly after Mark and Jack stood next to us and Mark looked at me worried. I nodded as a sign to him that I had the same bad feeling as he did. A few seconds later we heard Sora and Caro, who ran up to us. "Are you okay?!", came it from Caro while she arrived next to us. My partner and I nodded only, which calmed the two girls. Sora then asked: "What happened to Insanity? Have you seen him?" "We have and he hangs impaled on the school wall.", I gave my answer and pointed with my thumb in the direction of the dead demon.

Caro and Sora looked at me stunned before they smiled slightly. Caro then said: "Well, so we have one less threat to deal with." Anti and Jack smiled too, only Mark and I seemed to not be really happy. Suddenly the wall exploded next to Insanity's body and two large glass containers floated out of the hole. Right after they appeared several black tendrils stormed out of the containers, which aimed for Mark and me. They wrapped themselves tightly around our bodies, before they moved us in a tremendous speed back towards the containers. The doors locked the moment we were inside our cages. The glass containers were amplified by a spell that prevented us from escaping. "Oh dear, have I ruined your joy of victory?", sounded Madness her voice and the demoness step out into the light from behind the containers with a bored expression. Shocked our friends froze in their place.

Emotionless looked Madness to the lifeless body of her brother, before she said: "Stop playing around, brother." Suddenly Insanity started to laugh and tore the spear from his chest. "Come on sis, let me have a little fun.", the demon said and stretched, before he continued: "Besides, it was getting boring to play dead, however, I would have never thought that this body I control would withstand so much. You can finish this without me here, right Madness?" "Of course I will brother. I'll see you at home.", replied Madness and shortly after Insanity dissolved into black smoke and disappeared. Only a life-sized marionette puppet was still at the place where the demon stood. Angrily I started to attack the glass to try and break it, however, my attacks were thrown back at myself and I flew against the glass behind me.

While shaking her head, it came from the demoness: "I would not do this if I were you. You will not get out of this cage any time soon." "Shut up!", I screamed and tried again with the same result. From their frozen state recovered, ran Jack, Caro, Sora and Anti towards Madness. The black-and-white-haired demoness only laughed slightly before she snapped with her fingers. Right after that a knockout gas was released into our containers. With every second my vision was getting blurrier and I sank slowly to the floor, until I had no more feeling in my body. I looked towards Anti, who started to run faster and called my name, before he got attacked by a purple-black blade-laser. Fortunately, he was able to escape the attack, but was wounded by Pain that appeared out of nowhere on the chest. Tears ran down my cheeks as my world went black.

Caro POV

In horror we could only watch Mark and Dark getting captured by Madness, because our bodies suddenly couldn't move. When we had recovered from the shock and where able again to run, we rushed towards the demoness. However, we were stopped all of a sudden by Pain, which wounded Anti seriously across his chest. Jack brought his partner immediately to safety by bringing him back into his thoughts, so he also was able to recover from the injury. Meanwhile my partner and I stormed towards the corrupted Demon Side. Pain just smiled and blocked our attacks, before he rushed at us with his scythe. Sora and I could counter his attacks, however, we were not able to get closer to Madness. The demoness got ready to escape with Mark and Dark while we were fighting. Suddenly Jack shot with his sniper rifle in Pains leg, which allowed my Demon Side to push him to the ground and keep him down.