Chapter 45: Park visit

Hey Guys and Girls here is the new chapter. I hope you enjoy it. Next chapter will come as soon as possible.

Until then,

Caro :D

Weekend

Mark POV

I slowly woke up by the sun rays that shone through my window and I stretched my limbs. It was finally Saturday and the party would begin in a few hours. We decided in the end that we would celebrate at Jack's and my place, since our apartment was very close to all of our friend's places. Still a little tired I climbed out of my bed and went to the kitchen to make breakfast. Apparently Jack wasn't awake yet, because he wasn't in the living room or the kitchen. //Maybe I can surprise Jack with pancakes for breakfast.//, I thought to myself and got everything ready so I could make delicious pancakes. A few minutes later I had a stack of golden brown pancakes on one plate. Eventually I heard the sound of a door being open and heard steps coming from the hall towards the kitchen.

I had to smile then and said: "Morning Jack, are you hungry?" "Oh my god yes. Thank you for the wonderful and delicious wake up.", came it from Jack, who took a couple of pancakes and immediately devoured them. Satisfied he said: "They are perfect, Mark." "Thank you.", I said just before I sat down next to him and ate my own plate of pancakes. After we were done, I decided to do the washing up while Jack took the decorations out of their hiding place. Together we decorated the apartment which took us about an hour. It's a relatively beautiful day outside, so I got an idea. With a grin I asked: "Jack, can we go to the park for ice cream?" "Sure, why not. It's the middle of January but well snow doesn't fall in this world very often. That's the only downside of this world. The weather is more complicated.", came it from Jack, who put his shoes on. In a good mood we went to the park near our apartment. It was cool that the ice cream salon was next to the park and we bought us each a cone.

Jack had chosen chocolate and cookie ice cream, while I had chosen raspberry and cotton candy ice cream. (I just chose random flavours xD) While my friend and I enjoyed our ice cream, we looked for a place to sit down. Luckily we found to swings, which weren't occupied. After we were finished with our ice cream, Jack wanted to go play around at the small playground and I happily agreed. Anti and Dark were only now recovered enough to separate themselves from us, which they did. Hand in hand our partners walked through the park. Jack realized that I was watching our Demon Sides and it rolled over his lips: "Those two are really sweet together. Don't you think?" "Yes, they are. I'm happy for the two of them. To have someone who likes you just the way you are and that would never give you up for anything in the world must be really nice.", I answered and had to think of my horrible last relationship.

Jack POV

What Mark just said seemed to be really important to him. I wanted to tell him finally that I would be that person for him, however, something kept me back. Suddenly I realized that Mark got really quiet. Worried I asked: "Mark? Everything okay, you're so quiet?" "Yes, everything is okay. I was only thinking about something.", answered my crush and smiled at me, but it seemed forced. It pained me to see him like that, so that's why I had to act quickly. Without thinking twice I reached for his hand and pulled him to one of the towers that were on the playground. Once I climbed up with him, I sat down cross-legged and indicated that Mark should do the same. Confused and with a slight blush on his face my friend sat down next to me. After a small sigh I asked: "Mark, something is bothering you. Can you please tell me what, so I can help you? I don't like seeing you so down in the dumps."

Mark's eyes widened slightly before he looked at the ground embarrassed. "I ... I was just thinking of my last relationship. I've never had such a moment like Dark and Anti had.", he confessed to me afterwards and I had to hold my breath to not growl. After I had calmed down, I pulled Mark into an embrace. For a short time Mark remained motionless out of surprise before he started to shake and let his tears run free. Between sobs my crush said: "I'm really not the luckiest person in terms of relationships. I guess I'm not meant for a lasting, wonderful relationship." I was shocked and couldn't believe that he would say that. "That's not true Mark, you just have to look closer. At some point you will find that person who will never leave you. ... Maybe you've already met that person and just don't know it yet.", I whispered in his ear and held him tighter, while I stroked his back.