Chapter 56: Staying strong and sharing memories

Enjoy the chapter, Caro :D

Dark POV

The sun slowly started to rise on the horizon and lit up the sky slightly. My legs began to hurt from all the running, because Sora and I had carried our partners the rest of the night on our backs in order to get faster to the nearest village. "Dark? Are you all right?", asked Mark me and stroked lightly over my head between my wolf ears. With a tired voice I replied: "Yes, everything is okay, I'm just exhausted." "Don't worry, we are almost at the village, there we can rest for a while.", came it from Caro, who smiled at us encouragingly. Just like our friend said, we could see a few seconds later the houses appear at the horizon. A bit further away from the village Sora and I stopped so our partners got off of our backs. After they were back on their own legs, Sora and I transformed again. We decided to set up a small camp and rest, so that we Demon Sides were able to recover in the body of our partner. With a sigh I dissolved into red light and disappeared in Mark's body.

Jack POV

Slowly I opened my eyes again and sat up, while I rubbed my temples. Anti was right next to me and woke up only a few seconds after me. "What happened? Why are we so far out by the woods?", came it confused and tired from my partner. I shook my head and thought about what we wanted to do out here yesterday night. A short time later we both realized why we were here last night. Incredulous and crestfallen I whispered: "They're gone. They left us. Why?" I didn't even noticed the tears that ran down my cheeks and looked at the ground. Shortly after I felt two arms wrap around my shoulders and pulled me into a hug. Anti was just as sad and hurt as I was, but he was trying to stay strong for me. "Why did they go? We could have found a solution to everything.", came it in between sobs from me.

My partner stroked my shoulders gently before he answered: "I know, but they did it because we are important to them. They didn't want to drag more people in danger. They want us to be in safety. They don't hate us or anything else. They simply acted out of love and concern." I closed my eyes and breathed in and out deeply. "You're right, Anti. They wouldn't have left if they hadn't the opinion that it is the only way to keep us safe.", I said while I wiped away my tears. While I got up I continued talking: "I can't understand their thoughts completely, but I will trust them. However, I won't stop looking for them." With determined and slightly red eyes I looked at my Demon Side. Anti grinned and nodded in agreement. "I don't know where exactly they are, but we will find them. Nevertheless, we should go home first. It would be suicide to go alone on a long trip.", came it from Anti, while he started walked back in the direction of Sanctun City. Slightly laughing I followed him and we both walked back into the forest.

Mark POV

I opened my eyes again after a few hours of sleep that I got at our camp and looked at the village in front of us closely. The village was really beautiful and I couldn't wait to go there with Caro. Most of the houses were built with only wood, but they all were in good shape and had wonderful decorations on them. The village had a big street going to the centre of the village and then divided into two smaller paths. One led to the mountains the other in a different direction. In the middle of the village was a big market square, which had a church, a town hall and market stands. Next to the church was a small cemetery and in the middle of the market square were four statues that stood in a circle. The first one was a bit smaller than the other three and you could make out two figures. Apparently it showed someone with his Demon Side. The two had short hair and wore an armour.

The second statue was almost twice as large as the first one. On the podium was a young woman, which wore an antique-looking dress and had some kind of ring crown on her head. The crown even had a real blue crystal on it. She had long hair and she had a wing on her left shoulder. The third statue was the same height as the second one but it was covered by a cloth for some reason. The fourth statue, however, was the largest among all of them. On the podium was a young man with nearly shoulder long hair. He wore some kind of armour and had four wings sticking out of his back. In his right hand he held a sword and in the left hand was a helmet, which had a red and a blue crystal as decorations on it. I couldn't see their faces clearly from the distance. I carefully looked over at Caro, who was still sleeping.