Chapter 52: Getting better and a new little friend

Hey Guys and Girls. I finally finished this chapter. I hope you enjoy it. Next chapter is coming as soon as possible.

Until then,

Caro :D

Anti POV

Jack and I came the next day with dark rings under our eyes to school. At the entrance waited Caro and Sora together with our other friends for us. "It's good that you're here, we wanted to clear you all up about the things that came out yesterday.", said Caro and showed us that we should follow them. Sora and Caro took us to the library and we all sat down at one of the tables. After 15 minutes Caro explained to us that Mark and Dark are a hybrid and that they had to hide their identity in order to keep us out of danger. Then they told us who they really are and what their duty is. We all looked at them with wide open eyes and mouths. Shortly after a message was told through the loudspeakers of the school: "If the friends of Mark Fischbach would please come to the hospital wing. He just woke up."

Immediately we were all on our way to the hospital wing. Mark and Dark were now together in one room, because Dark had to be connected to Mark with a special machine, so that their medical condition wouldn't get worse due to too long separation of their souls. When we walked into the room, we saw Mark sitting upright in his bed, while he was examined by Annabeth. Jack was the first of us that was next to him. "Mark, oh thank Luxilia, you're fine. I was so worried about you.", came it from Jack and Mark looked at him with sad and guilty eyes. Annabeth let him be for now so the two could hug each other. Mark only replied: "I'm sorry, Jack. I didn't want it to get this far." Mark seemed to be relatively fit and healthy again, except that he had to have casts for his broken bones for a while longer until Annabeth was sure her magic healed them properly. We were all relieved that he was getting better.

However, it was difficult for me to feel happy for Mark, when I saw Dark further back still sleeping in his bed. He looked so peaceful, if you ignored the bandages, casts that we're on his body and the machines that were hocked up to him. With tears in my eyes I sat down next to him and grabbed his hand. His hand was almost ice cold. Slowly my tears started running down my cheeks. Annabeth realized how I felt and stroked my back up and down to comfort me. I thanked her and wiped away my tears. "Mark, are you okay?", came it from Jack. Annabeth and I turned around to look at Mark and my partner and saw that Mark was holding his head and looked really exhausted. Annabeth was with him in a second and laid Mark back down on his bed. Shortly after that Mark was asleep again and Annabeth said: "I think we should leave them alone. They both need rest and recover properly. I'll let you know if one of them wakes up again."

We all nodded and left the room. Then we all went our ways. Jack and I decided to help with some other students to rebuild the school. That task at least helped us both to forget our worries at the moment.

Two weeks later

Two weeks have passed since our school had been attacked by the demons. We managed to rebuild the school relatively quickly. During these two weeks Mark woke up from time to time but only for about five minutes. However, Dark didn't woke up once. I was really worried and visited him whenever I could. In the moment I was sitting next to his bed and watched him breath. Annabeth and her team had done a good job at healing Mark and Dark quickly and effectively. However, they did explain to us that their body and soul still needed to recover from the fight. That it took so long though was making Jack and me nervous. It was already quite late when Annabeth asked me to leave the room and get some rest. Jack was already waiting for me outside and we both felt like a quick walk around the school grounds would make us feel better.

"Jack, how do you feel actually now that we know the truth about our friends?", I asked then. Jack looked at me confused, before he answered: "Well, it was overwhelming, but I can understand why they wanted to keep it a secret. I am also sure that the two didn't want to leave us in the dark, but they weren't allowed to tell us." "Yes, I feel the same way. I just hope that they wake up soon and are okay again.", I continued and Jack pulled me into a hug. No idea how long we stood there, but eventually we broke away from each other. Suddenly we heard a window open. Curiously we turned towards the noise and realized that it was the balcony door of Mark's and Dark's hospital room. My eyes widened and my thoughts went blank when I saw who came outside into the cold air.