Chapter 71: The attack on Demon Mountain

Hey Guys and Girls. Hope you have a nice December the 5th. Enjoy todays chaper.

Until tomorrow.

Caro :D

Jack POV

Slowly I opened my eyes again and sat up carefully. After I yawned deeply, I rubbed my eyes briefly and stood up. Still a tiny bit sleepy I walked into the living room, where my friends were having breakfast already. "Morning.", I said before I yawned again and sat down next to them. After an hour we were all ready and made our way to the schoolyard. There all the students and teachers were gathered, while the Fighters came one by one to the school grounds. You could tell by their uniforms that they all came from different cities and got here all the way from their cities to this school. My friends and I were a little bit further away from the big crowd, but after a few minutes I suddenly heard a familiar voice: "Jack. I had hoped to see you again. But maybe under better circumstances than this."

"Sadrik!", came it from me and I embraced the Fighter. Sadrik laughed slightly before we parted from each other again. Then I introduced my friends to Sadrik and we talked for a while. After another five minutes the doors of the school opened and Luxilia walked out of the building to join us with our principal by her side. The goddess had her sword in her hand and stood in the middle of all of us. Each of us looked at Luxilia full of expectation. With a soft but serious voice she announced: "Today is a really important day for all of us. The demons are close to being able to break their seal forever if we don't stop them. It's all my fault that I let it get so far. However, I will make up for it, but I need your help to do so. Please lend me your strength in this fight at Demon Mountain." As soon as her words left over her lips, everybody either held their magic weapon into the air, let their magic appear in their hands that they held up or turned into something.

With a delicate smile the goddess looked at us and held her free hand over her heart. "I thank you all. Let's end this eternal war against the demons once and for all.", she declared and held her sword towards the sky. The sword began to glow in a bright blue and Luxilia recited a spell: "Sanctam, precor, succurre nobis ad pugnam et in acie. Haec dies superesse fortissimi. Daemon autem in montem et adferte nobis certamen." (Holy light, I beg you, bring us to the battlefield and aid us in battle. Let these brave warriors survive the day. Bring us to Demon Mountain and lead us through the fight.) Then the light spread out and covered every single person who was on the schoolyard. As soon as I was captured by the light, I had to close my eyes and when I opened them again we were standing a kilometre away from the dangerous mountain. I took a deep breath in and out, while I held my pistols tightly in my hands. I also felt how tense my partner was, however, I could understand him.

"Please take good care of yourselves. I know you will win this fight.", came if from Luxilia before she attacked the first horde of demons with a huge white horizontal laser blade. Their first line of defence was destroyed in just a second, but the rest of the demons on their positions roared loudly. The Fighters, as well as the students and teachers ran up to the demons. Only the goddess, my friends, Mister Courtois and I remained still. With a firm voice our rector said: "I wish you good luck on your mission. I will stay here and lead the troops to give you as much time as possible. Take good care of each other, understood." My friends and I nodded before we stormed into the battle together with Luxilia and climbed up the mountain. Just before the entrance to the inner section of the mountain, exploded the ground suddenly next to us and we were all thrown a few meters back from the entrance.

From the emerging smoke stepped out Miss Darkbloom and grinned at us. "How courageous of you. I never expected you to start a frontal attack Luxilia.", said the brown-haired woman and looked at us very impressed and amused. I glanced over to Caro and saw that my friend was a little tense. However, she calmed down in a second and fused together with Sora. Then she exchanged her body suit with her armour and stood in front of us. She turned her head a bit to us and said quietly: "Get going now, guys. I'll take care of this situation." With these words we all ran again to the entrance of the mountain. Miss Darkbloom just shook her head and sent another blast in our direction, but the wind suddenly changed direction and the explosion was hurled back at herself.