Chapter 82: Come back to us

Hey Guys and Girls. Sorry it took so long. I wanted to update sooner but a few things got in the way. However, here is the next chapter. Hope you enjoy it and thank you all for the great support.

Just a little info. The next chapter is only half done writen and I still need to edit it then. So it will take a while to finish it. Also I might want to write more chapters after each other so I just need to edit them. Sorry if you have to wait so long then again but if I get in a flow I can't really stop myself until it is over.

See you in the next chapter

Caro :D

Mark POV

Jack and I just heard the loud sound of battle, when we started to run together towards the camp and managed thanks to Luxilia's help to quickly get inside a big tent in the middle of the large courtyard. Inside the tent we found several books, magical items and more things. "Do you think Madness and Insanity have stolen all of these things to get to this point we are at?", asked Jack and came to a halt next to my right side. One of his hands was put on my upper arm, so he can keep his nervousness in check. Unsure and slightly angry I replied: "No idea, but we need to stop them before they do any more damage." With these words I stepped deeper into the tent and listened carefully if I could pick up their voices from here. After a while we reached the end of the tent and opened one of the entries carefully.

From outside we still heard the whole fight that was going on and the two of us looked deep in each others eyes before we stormed outside together. Quickly we were able to get back behind a cover, however, we found an empty cage that was now directly in front of us. //For what do they have an empty cage here?//, shot it through my thoughts and I looked at the metal construction confused. Jack seemed to wonder about the same thing and looked at me briefly. Quietly I sneaked up to the cage and looked around carefully. Everything seemed to be untouched, however, I noticed the chair inside, which had chains hanging around its back. "I think someone was being held here.", rolled it over my lips. //"The only question is who. All of our friends are involved in the fight."//, came if from Mason, who seemed a bit dizzy. //"You okay?"//, I asked and he answered: //"Yeah. The magic Madness used just got to me a bit."// Slightly unsettled I turned to the fierce fight and I held my breath when I didn't find one person.

In my head I felt Mason's panic rising, while Jack had separated himself away from me a bit to investigate a sound. Suddenly we jumped when a metal wall cell blew up. The strong wind, which came from the inside of the destroyed cell, nearly swept us away several meters. Carefully I opened my eyes and saw three silhouettes. When the wind stopped I realized who stood in front of us. Between Madness and Insanity stood Caro. Mason and I noticed immediately that something was wrong and a few seconds later Caro ran past us. In the short moment she stormed past me, I spotted the blackness in her eyes. Then we heard how Luxilia was wrestled down to the ground by our friend and the two got in a fight. Inside my body I felt that Mason got more and more angry at the demons for doing this to Caro, but thankfully I calmed him down.

//"Mason, this is exactly what they want. They want to make you angry to prevent you from thinking clearly. Calm down and then go help Luxilia and Caro. She is still in there and she needs you to get her back to her senses."//, I explained to him gently and seconds later the rage in my inside was gone. At the same moment Mason split from me and ran towards the goddess. Madness and Insanity had just grinned the whole time, but when they saw that her plan hadn't worked, their grins disappeared from their faces. Jack and I got immediately ready for a fight and took a deep breath in.

Mason POV

After I managed to tame my anger, I ran to support Luxilia. Meanwhile Caro swung her sword again and again at Luxilia, which blocked all attacks with her shield. Nevertheless, the goddess didn't look thrilled to have to go up against her friend. Although none of Caro's attacks wounded the goddess, she was pushed more and more backwards. Angrily Caro shouted at her friend: "Why are you just defending yourself?! Why don't you fight back?!" "Because I don't have anyone to fight for and win this battle.", answered the goddess and fought off a new attack. Before I could get to the two, Luxilia stumbled over a stone and fell onto the wet floor. Luckily I was able to wrestle Caro to the ground in time as she was just about to pierce her sword in Luxilia's stomach.