Chapter 54: Running away

Hey Guys and Girls. I finished like I promised four chapters and I'm surprised I did it that fast. So I hope you enjoy the next few chapters.

Until the next ones

Caro :D

P.S: Thanks for all the support.

A few minutes before midnight

Mark POV

I was gently woken up by Dark and when I opened my eyes it was pitch black outside. Dark had my backpack already hanging on his left shoulder and looked at me, but didn't say a word. With a nod I got up. I already wore my clothes I decided to wear, which consisted of a black T-Shirt and black jeans. Quietly we sneaked to the front door, where I put on my shoes and carefully opened the door. Dark closed the door behind us as best as he could without making a noise and then we hurried up to get to Sora and Caro in front of the school in time. The two were already waiting for us at our meeting point and as soon as we stood next to them, Caro meant: "Well then, let's go. The faster we get there, the faster we get to safety." "Okay, but where exactly are we going?", I asked, while my Partner and I followed the two girls.

Sora then said: "We are going to someone we two trust." Dark and I looked at each other briefly before we walked further. The two girls led us out of the city in the direction were the great snow-capped mountains were. On our way towards them we had to go through a huge forest that stretched for miles. "Our friend lives hidden deep in the centre of the mountains.", explained Caro to us. Dark said then: "That's a long way ahead of us. The mountains are two or three days away from us and I have no idea how deep we have to go into the mountains." "Yes, it will be a long way, so let us not waste any more time.", came it from Sora as we entered the forest. The woods were completely dark and it was hard to see anything. We walked for a while through the just slightly lit up darkness. Sora and Caro knew exactly where we had to go, so Dark and I tried to remain as close to them as possible.

Insects buzzed around us and every leaf on the trees and ground shined in a faint blue or green light. Shortly after we arrived at a stone wall. Dark asked while putting a hand on the wall: "Should we climb over there now?" "Yes, we have to. Behind this wall though our journey will get more dangerous. Because this is the last security barrier of Sanctun City.", told us Sora and she began to climb the wall to the top. Afterwards she helped us all to get up there. The wall was relatively thick and just a few meters away from us was a stone staircase, which led us the other side down. Around the wall was also a demon barrier. At the end of the stairs was an enchanted gate that can lead you through the barrier. Caro used a spell on the gate to open it and went through. After we all were through the gate, the door closed itself again and we were locked out of the barrier. From here on the forest was pitch black, no leafs to light up our way and the stars's and moon's light couldn't make it through the dense tree crowns. Even the animals were completely silent. The woods seemed suddenly like a nightmare labyrinth. Carefully Sora and Caro let a small ball of light appear on the palm of their hands and lit up our environment. After only a few seconds we began to go deeper into the forest.

Half an hour later

No idea how far we had gone, but all of a sudden we heard screams in the distance. Caro and Sora stopped their movements and looked at us. Then Caro said: "Those were Level 6 demons. Skilful hunters in the dark." I had to swallow and we decided to go further, before the demons could catch up with us. The two girls also let their lights disappear. "They would only find us faster with the light on.", came it from Sora and we snuck as quietly as we could over the forest floor. We heard the demons coming closer, but they ran a few meters past us. //Apparently they haven't seen us.//, I thought to myself, but that was a mistake. Over our heads someone began to growl and when we looked up, several demons sat on the tree branches over us. Immediately we started running for our lives. The demons were following us, while getting closer with every second and more and more of them started chasing us.