Chapter 65: Fight for Sanctun City Part 2

Hey Guys and Girls. I finally finished this chapter. I'm sorry if it took so long but I had something else I had to finish before this. But now I can fixate a bit more on this book again and if I can update more regularly (saying every one or two weeks) I have the feeling this book will end before new year.  Well I hope you will enjoy this chapter for now.

Until the next chapter,

Caro :D

Jack POV

Anti and I brought another group of civilians out of the danger zone when we both saw the bright light in the sky. "What is that?", asked me Anti and I could only shake my head. When we were on the way back to school, we encountered the beings of light, which fought against the demons bravely. Shortly after we found Miss Azura, who just defeated a Level 7 demon. Half out of breath I asked our teacher: "Miss Azura, what are these lights in the sky and why are these beings here?" "It means something good, at least for us.", she replied and smiled slightly. Anti was still a bit sceptical and kept asking: "From where do these beings and this light come from?" "They are send from our goddess of course. Luxilia is standing by our side in this fight.", she told us excitedly. Anti and I looked surprised and shocked before in us ignited a flame of hope that we will survive this attack.

With renewed strength we ran through the destroyed streets, determined to end this battle. Unfortunately I realized that we were both persecuted by someone. Just before we reached the school an energy blade landed on the asphalt in front of us and exploded. Fortunately Anti responded fast and threw me and himself to the side on the ground, so we could escape the explosion. When we were back on our feet, we heard a familiar voice speaking: "What a shame, I was hoping to blow you up into tiny pieces. Well then I have to take care of you the old-fashioned way."  Anti growled and looked with anger filled eyes at Pain. "What's wrong Anti boy? Did you get out of bed with the wrong foot today?", came it from the corrupted Demon Side. Anti was getting angrier, which is why I put my hand on his shoulder to calm him down. My Demon Side looked at me puzzled before he took a deep breath.

Pain only laughed amused in a completely insane way. This crazy laugh made a shiver run down my back. Pain calmed down and said: "Enough talking. It is time to end you once and for all." With that statement the Demon Side rushed towards us and swung his sickle. Before Pain could struck us with his sickle, Anti jumped to the right and I jumped to the left, which caused the blade of his weapon to hit the asphalt. Shortly after we stood on our feet again, we formed our guns and shot at our former friend. He just jumped backwards out of the shot range we had, before creating two more sickles and throwing them at us. Anti and I ran for cover to escape the sharp blades. My partner looked at me briefly and I knew immediately what he was up to.

I changed my gun into a shotgun and fired at our opponent. Pain dodged as many lasers as he could, but three of them hit him. Once in the right shoulder, the left side and the right calf. Meanwhile Anti ran towards the Demon Side and punched him in the face. The corrupted demon flew some meters and crashed hard into the ruined street. Then my second half wrapped his septic-whip around our former friend and held him in a firm grip into the air. Then he threw him full force against an almost destroyed house. Anti grinned and took a few quick breaths. However, he couldn't smile for long as an explosion came from the rubble of the house and were flying towards us. With our shotguns we shot the rubble into small pieces, while Pain got back on his feet.

Anti and I were already quite tired and were breathing heavily due to the whole fighting through the city. Therefore we couldn't use a lot of powerful attacks. Pain then gathered his magic in the blade of his sickle and sent a large, horizontal energy blade towards us. Just in time we managed to avoid the attack. However, the blade exploded again and the recoil threw us against the walls of destroyed buildings. Anti climbed out of his hole he made in the wall and held his head, while he was bleeding from his left shoulder, because he got impaled with a metal pole from the building. A few seconds later I fought my way out of the destroyed wall and felt blood run down my cheek from a wound on my forehead. Pain just laughed and prepared to make his next attack, before he released his attack. In a tremendous speed two vertical energy blades stormed towards us.