Chapter 84: Come back

Hey Guys and Girls. Sorry it took so long for me to update again, but it was a bit stressful these last weeks and I decided to write all the chapters up until the end of the story. I finally finished them and I want to thank all of you that stayed with me through this journey. I hope you will enoy this last chapters.

I hope you will enjoy this chapter and the last three chapters of the story will come soon. Just be patient for a little bit. I need to edit them still and draw the drawings I still need.

Well I will leave you alone now to read.

Until the next chapter.

Caro :D

Chapter count: 3 left until the end

Mark POV

Jack, Mason and I ran as quickly as we could through the forest with the goal to stop Insanity and get Dark back. After half an hour we reached a small clearing, where the demon was standing in a circle for a ritual. His arms were spread out at both his sides and black flames danced around his fingers. He also spoke in a foreign language and several crystals were placed around him. Shortly after the crystals began to light up and started to float around Insanity in circles. "Damn it, we need to stop him now or something bad will happen.", came it from Mason and we all looked at each other before we decided what to do. Together we stormed towards the ritual circles, however, we all were thrown back by a force field. We three landed one after the other with our ass on the ground. With clenched teeth I got up again and drew my sword.

//I can't give up now. My partner needs me.//, shot it through my mind and I tried it again, while Jack and Mason were getting back on their feet. Again and again I hit the force field and tried to break through it. However, all my attacks bounced back from it and I was thrown back towards my friends in the end. Jack and Mason caught me and looked at me worried. Jack asked me: "Everything okay love?" "I'm fine.", I said to him and grabbed my sword from the ground. Meanwhile the force field became stronger and the ritual seemed to approach its end slowly. Before I just tried it again, I stopped myself and looked at me soulmate and friend. With a determined look, I said to both: "Let's try it again. But together this time. As a unit."

Both smiled and got their weapons. Jack held his knife firmly in his hand and Mason gripped the handle of his weapon tightly. Together we stormed towards the force field and hit the same spot with all our strength. All of our blades stabbed into the shield of magic and slowly but surely, we broke through it together. Due to the loud breaking of the force field was Insanity's concentration disrupted and the flames extinguished and the crystals stopped glowing. The ritual circle disappeared shortly after and the crystals landed on the ground. Slightly confused looked Insanity around and then turned towards us. I was a little shocked when I saw the expression on his face. He looked kind of lost and ashamed, not at all how I remembered him. It almost seemed like he wasn't evil and Dark wasn't possessed by him.

However, it didn't last for very long, because he was shaking his head a few seconds later and looked at us furiously. "YOU! You had to ruin everything. Now I can start all over again. I almost had all the magic of the two transferred into the crystals.", came it from Insanity and he was not amused. Mason, Jack and I were ready to fight and held our weapons tightly. The demon growled and let his shadow blades appear. Suddenly he sent a strong wave of energy at us and Jack and Mason were thrown several meters away, while I was spared from the attack. Confused I looked back at my friends before I focused back on Insanity. The demon was still furious and said to me: "Oh no. You two stay out of this fight. It's just you and me hybrid. As soon as you are dead, I will kill these other two pains in the ass."