Chapter 37: A night at the bar

Hey Guys and Girls here is a new chapter for you. I hope you enjoy it.

Until the next chapter,

Caro :D

Two month Time Skip

Mark POV

It's been now two months since I went to my new school and everything went great. In school I was one of the best students, my friendships with Jack, Minx, Cry, Felix, Ken, Yami, Tyler and Ethan were going wonderfully, Dark and I understood us better too, although my Demon Side still liked it to be alone for some time. However, I noticed that he had changed. He tried to get along with the others more, we both worked like a perfect team together and most of all he and Anti got really close, their best friends now. It was lunch break and I was the first one of our group who arrived at the cafeteria. While eating I read in my culture textbook the last chapter my class has discussed, because that day we had a written check-up about it. I was so fixated at my book that I didn't realized that Jack and Yami were both approaching me from different directions.

"Hey Mark!", greeted me both at the same time and I got so scared that I jumped, letting my book fall down and spit out the sip of water I had just taken before. Subsequently I had to cough three times, while Jack patted me on the back. A little out of breath I greeted back: "Hey, you two. Was there a reason to scare me like that?" They both laughed embarrassed and Yami said: "Sorry, we didn't wanted to scare you. I actually wanted to talk with you." "I also wanted to talk with you, however you vanished as soon as the history class was over that I couldn't ask you if you had time.", said Jack then and stared at the brown-haired to my left with a serious and angry look. Which was directed back at him by Yami. //Okay, I got the feeling that I should go.//, I thought to myself and looked worried back and forth between the two.

I just decided to get up, when the rest of our group arrived at the table. That had seemed to calm the situation, although Jack and Yami always send evil glances towards each other, while we all spoke about different things together. As the bell rang we said goodbye to each other, but before I could go to my class, I was stopped by Yami and he asked: "Mark, could I maybe talk with you after school by the fountain?" I just wanted to answer, when Jack came to us. "He can't go unfortunately, Yami. Mark and I wanted to go home today and watch a movie marathon.", said Jack with a false smile. Yami's look on his face got slightly darker, but he smiled too and said: "Okay, then we'll talk tomorrow morning. Have a nice day." With that the brown-haired disappeared through the door. "See you after school buddy. Looking forwards to the marathon.", said Jack goodbye, before he left for his class too.

Confused I remained still for a few seconds and I could feel how Dark only shook his head at the behaviour of the two. The "dispute" between my friends kept me busy during my last school lessons of the day. Luckily I was able to push the confusing feeling back during the check-up and could concentrate on the lessons. I had just arrived at my locker and when I opened it two letters fell out of my locker. I picked them up and looked for a name or something to tell me who put them in there. The first letter I decided to open was a greyish paper with purple ink written on it. Carefully I read what was written: "Do you believe in love at first sight or do I need to walk past you again? You probably just missed me, but I certainly didn't miss your beauty." After I finished reading the letter, I started to blush and I looked around embarrassed. I had hoped to find the person who had thrown these letters in my locker and to explain to him kindly that I was already interested in someone else.

However I saw no one suspicious. With a sigh I opened then the other letter. I realized immediately that this one was written by someone else. The other letter was a white paper with green ink written on it. It had even a different handwriting. On the letter stood: "I was thinking of you yesterday, while I was doing some math problem, but there wasn't enough space on the calculator to work out how much I love you. I'd like to say that I couldn't be more in love with you, but I know that's not true. I'll love you even more tomorrow." I had hardly finished the last sentence when my heart skipped a beat. I couldn't resist a smile. I carefully stored the letters in my backpack and went towards the exit. There already waited Jack impatiently for me. With an even bigger smile I ran to my crush and said: "Hey Jack, lets finally go home. I can't wait much longer."