Chapter 12: Visions

Hey Guys and Girls. Sorry that I took so long to update the story. No worry, I didn't forgot about you. I just had a lot of school work to do and had the last few weeks three to two exams a week. So I didn't had the time to write, even if I wanted. Also I had a little writing block. But that's gone now. I try to update the next chaper a bit faster than this one. Well what did I also want to say. Ah yes. Thank you for 3 followers. I didn't thought that I would get them with my first story so fast, but I am really grateful for them. Also thank you for all who read this story and gave the chapters a star, it meens so much to me. Well, that was it from me, leave a commend or star if you enjoyed this chapter and I will see you in the next one. ;) :D Your Caro

Mark POV

Furiously I put my mobile phone aside and hit my fist against the working surface. Suddenly a voice sounded behind me: "Mark, everything okay with ya?" It was Jack, which stood sleepily one meter behind me. "Oh, it's you Jack. Yes, I'm totally fine. Nothing to worry about. I'm just a little bit furious at the moment.", I explained to him, while I laid my head in my right hand and clenched my teeth. Slightly nervous Jack meant: "Wow, whatever it was, it must really have angered ya. Would ya like to maybe talk about it?" Only now I noticed that I growled slightly and that my left hand is trembling with fury. I deeply breathed in to calm myself down. "Well, it could help a bit. I was just making some food for us both, when I started to check my chat messages. The last one I clicked on was from my ex-girlfriend. Since I broke up with her, she follows me all the time and tries to win me back. But I don't want to hear another stupid word that leaves her mouth! She tried to influence my life choices, how I should live and my daily decisions. However, that wasn't everything she did. No, she also flirted right in front of my eyes with other guys. Even when I was right next to her and heard every word she said to them. But that wasn't even the worst thing she did. The worst thing she did was when I was on vacation with my family for a week and I wanted to visit her after we came back. I was at her house and found out that she was there with someone else, doing "something" together. I was so naive, I should have left her so much sooner than I actually did.", I told my friend everything.

At the end of my story a single tear rolled down my left cheek and I leant against the fridge with my back against it. After a while I slide down to the floor, because my legs couldn't hold my weight anymore. Jack said and did nothing. He was probably shocked about what he just heard. I closed my eyes and allowed more tears to roll down my face and fall on the wooden floor. After a few seconds I felt two arms pulling me into a tight hug. My friend started to rock us back and forth, while his right hand stroked lovingly up and down my back. By this sweet gesture I started to cry more and my fingers grabbed his sweater, pulling myself more into the hug. After some more seconds Jack said quietly and reassuringly: "Everything is going to be okay. Nobody will hurt ya anymore. It's going to be okay. Just let it out. I'm here and I won't let anyone hurt ya like that again." I couldn't hold back the tears for much longer and stopped trying to play strong. The tears didn't stop running down my face over and over again. Jack's left shoulder got completely wet with my tears. I just needed to cry out everything I held back since I broke up with Amy.

Jack POV

I couldn't believe what he just told me. How could somebody hurt him that bad and just didn't leave him alone anymore. // If I ever get my hands on that bitch, she will wish she never treated him like he is a possession of hers.//, I swore to myself furiously in my thoughts. We remained in our hugging position for at least 10 minutes. Mark slowly calmed down again and got up with me. After that he got two bowls for us and put them beside the cooker, where the pot with the soup was placed. I observed his movements anxiously, while he poured us both some delicious smelling soup in the bowls and put them on the bar table. Together we sat down on the barstools and started to eat Mark's cooking. "Do ya feel well enough to go out today? We don't have to go that evening, we can cancel it and go another day into town.", came it over my lips and I looked Mark in the face. He only stared at his food and shook his head. After a few seconds he answered me: "No, I would like to go to town. I just need to calm down again from this outburst."