Chapter 72: The trap of memories

Hey Guys and Girls. A happy 6th of December to you all. Here is a new chapter for all of you. I hope you enjoy.

Until tomorrow.

Caro :D

Jack POV

Luxilia and I were running down the deep tunnels, until we arrived at a room, in which an underground river flowed. There was only one bridge that lead over the river and Luxilia run a few meters in front of me. She was over the bridge in a few seconds. Just when she was on the other side and before I could reach the bridge, it was destroyed by a purple-black laser blade. Surprised I stopped instantly and turned into the direction from which the attack came from. With an angry look I starred at Pain, which walked out of the shadows. "I'm sorry, but I can't let you go any further.", came it from the grinning Demon Side. He then duplicated himself 50 times. Without hesitation I fused with Anti and let my shotgun appear in my hands. I turned quickly towards Luxilia, which was on the other side of the room. With a firm voice I called out to her: "Go!! I'll take care of him!"

The goddess nodded hesitantly before she disappeared with the help of her magic even faster in the next tunnel. "Oh Jack, oh Anti. You have just made the biggest mistake of your life.", proclaimed Pain and looked at me amused. Unfazed I replied: "Oh, we will see who will laugh in the end, Pain." Then I prepared myself for an upcoming attack, while Pain sent the first ten of his copies at me. I was waiting for them to get close to me, before I jumped in the air and fired my shotgun. The many small laser rained down on the copies and destroyed them into many small glass fragments. Elegantly I landed on one of the large stones that were piercing out of the river and looked at Pain challenging. He only showed his teeth and growled angrily. Then he sent another ten copies at me.

With a sigh I prepared myself for them and was sure he would use the same tactic. However, in the moment I jumped into the air, the other copies together with Pain shot their laser blades towards me. Instinctively I shot them with my shotgun and managed to block their attack, however, I was now for a short time defenceless and the ten copies under me jumped up and were over me. They started beating and kicking me one after the other. With a loud bang I landed on the hard rock floor. The copies returned back to Pain and they all looked at me with a big grin. Enraged Anti wanted to run at them with hatred in his True Demon Form, but I held him back until he calmed down. I carefully got up and brushed the dirt from my suit. Afterwards I replaced my shotgun with my pistols. However, I have no intentions of using them to hurt my opponents.

Quite the opposite, I only sent my magic into them. It was no attacking magic, but transformation magic. Pain just laughed at my weapons of choice and sent 30 of his copies after me to end this fight. When they were half way I grinned darkly and transformed my pistols into my laser cannons, while my visor glasses appeared before my eyes. Without hesitation I loaded my cannons with as much magic as I could and fired two gigantic lasers. Pain managed to get out of the way of my attack in time, but I destroyed all of his copies and broke the wall of the mountain. Slightly out of breath my cannons disappeared and I grinned at the Pain. "D-do you still believe that you will win?", I asked mockingly. The traitor didn't like my tone and he was getting angry, while slowly a black smoke appeared around his body. //Okay, now he begins to take this fight seriously.//, shot it through my head and I made myself ready for the next attack.

Caro POV

My opponent recovered relatively quickly from her shock and sent several missiles at me. Skilfully I dodged a few myself, while I also sent the rest of them with my wind in a different direction. After a bit I pierced my sword into the ground and sent three sharp roots towards Miss Darkbloom. The brown-haired woman blocked two of my roots with the help of a shield, but the third was too fast and came from a different angle, causing my opponent to jump backwards. Meanwhile I charged with my sword in my hands at her and was about to injure her greatly with a sword blow, when I suddenly realized a grin on her lips. A few seconds later her staff lit up and startled I realized that I ran into a trap. As soon as the bright light appeared, I had to close my eyes and when I opened them again I was no longer on top of Demon Mountain.