Chapter 78: The ruins

Hey Guys and Girls. I finally finished this chapter. I hope you enjoy.

Until the next chapters.

Caro :D

One week later

Mark POV

It's been now a whole week and we still had no information about the whereabouts of Insanity. Thanks to Luxilia giving me a bit of her soul my health didn't get worse and I had no problems using magic, which made me able to help my friends during the week. However, I felt that time was running out for me though. With every day passing my body felt more and more incomplete. Mason's presence in my body made the demand of being whole less strong, but the question was how long we still had until my body gives up and I suffer the same fate as my father. Jack and I were sitting in our apartment and talked about our situation. "How long do you think you still have time before your physical health is getting worse again?", my boyfriend asked me and looked at me with worried eyes.

I took a deep breath and squeezed his hands gently, before I replied: "I don't know exactly. Maybe in three days or in a month. We can only hope that we find Insanity soon." Jack stared upset to the ground and snuggled into my chest. I could understand him well, we just got back together and now my time is running out. The demons were getting stronger too and our Fighters were getting weaker. In just a few days we couldn't have done anything against them anymore. Luxilia wasn't as strong as she was before my capture too. The cards were pretty against us. Our only hope was to get Dark and Sombra back. Jack also was concerned about Anti. His Demon Side was hiding again in his thoughts and didn't want to come back out. My soulmate was able to cheer him up for a while but he wasn't laughing very much anymore. All of a sudden I got a call and held my phone against my ear.

"Caro? What is it?" I asked our friend. As soon as I heard her voice my adrenaline level rose sharply and I could hardly believe what she said. With a smile I hung up and jumped off of the couch. Jack looked at me in surprise and I explained to him: "They have found him! We need to get to the school now!" My boyfriend had a shocked expression on his face before he happily ran after me. In just a few minutes we reached the large building and entered the office of our rector. Luxilia and Mister Courtois sat at the large office table and laughed quietly, when we were standing exhausted in front of them. "Wow, you two got here in a real hurry.", joked the older man and stood up slowly. A few seconds later our friends came to the office and joined us.

Luxilia cleared her throat slightly before she said: "One of our lookouts has found a camp in the ruins of Hylia. According to their information it's likely to be Insanity and Madness hiding there. We'll be traveling there tonight. It may be dangerous to go in the dark, but we have to perform unexpected actions in order to get close enough to Insanity." We all nodded and after a few more explanations, we all went back to our flats to prepare us for the upcoming trip. Jack and I were extremely nervous and excited at the same time. We have spent the last few hours before the departure to the ruins together and talked about several things. Before we went to meet with the others, we looked us deep in the eyes and nodded. Afterwards we grabbed our stuff and went to the agreed meeting place. Our friends and Luxilia were already there and we all exchanged last glances, before we ventured out into the dark night.

The way was quite long and we were not sure whether we would make it to the ruins in time. Luxilia came up with an idea thankfully and conjured up several beings of light. Each of us sat on one by ourselves or shared one. Thanks to the beings of light we travelled much faster and reached the forest, in which the ruins were, sooner then we would have. In front of the forest we decided to get off of our rides, before going further as to not blow our cover. We snuck through the forest and avoided many confrontations with the demons that were positioned in the woods. However, we had to use tricks and magic to get passed the demons of higher levels unnoticed. After several minutes we reached the impressive ruins of the destroyed castle. No one knows who once lived here and why this place was destroyed.