Chapter 48: Distrust

Hey Guys and Girls here is a new chapter. I hope you enjoy it. The next chapter is coming soon.

Until then,

Caro :D

PS: Thanks for 362 votes. It means a lot to me that you enjoy my story so much. (even though I think I don't deserve this much attention.)

Two days later

Jack POV

The party was a great success after Mark and I went back to the others. Everyone seemed to be happy. Especially after we told everyone that Mark and I were dating now. Only Yami was offended, but that didn't interested me. I was finally with the person I loved so much. It was lunch break and I meet with Mary, Krism, Molly and Mandy in order to get some tips for our first date. However, on my way to the cafeteria I was grabbed from behind by the collar and thrown against the lockers. "What was that for?", I asked and turned towards the person. In front of me stood Yami with a pretty furious facial expression. Angrily it came from him: "He belongs to me. So stay away from him." Immediately I understood what this was about. "Hell no! Mark picked me, not you. If it doesn't suit you then just leave us alone!", I yelled at him.

I believed I saw that Yami's eye colour changed from brown to black, but I wasn't sure because I saw his eyes only for a second. The brown-haired growled and punched me in the face. Taken aback I didn't move and stared at the floor. Before I could recover, Yami kicked me in the stomach and I fell back against the lockers. Angrily Yami wanted to hit me again, but I managed to dodge his attack and kicked him in the shin. Through the pain he fell forward slightly, but managed to catch himself by using the lockers. Since I didn't know if Yami would continue attacking me, I made myself ready for everything that could come. Then the brown-haired turned towards me and stormed at me. Quickly I sidestepped and brought some distance between us. Suddenly two more versions of Yami stood behind me and held me by my arms. Now Yami could beat me up without any problems.

I got several punches in the stomach and in my face. Then Yami turned away from me and said: "No, no, no ... that's not enough." Even his voice sounded a bit different, but I didn't really concentrated at it in that moment. He then pulled out a knife and walked back to me. "Yami, are you crazy?!", I cried out with fear-filled eyes. He just smiled and lifted the knife. I immediately summoned two pistols and shot the copies in the stomach to destroy them, before I managed to escape the knife that Yami wanted to ram into my body. Then I hit him with one of my hands in the stomach, making him tumble backwards a bit. Fortunately he also lost the knife in the process, but he attacked me again with his fists and slammed me to the ground. We both rolled around on the floor, while delivering blows to each other. Eventually I managed to push Yami off of me and to get back on my legs. Meanwhile Yami found his knife again and rushed at me.

Unfortunately I had backed up into a corner and couldn't dodge the attack. Suddenly someone stood in front of me and took the knife attack to his stomach area. I heard that the person spat out blood and only when I opened my eyes, I realized who had protected me. Yami noticed it too and stepped backwards away from us in shock. With a trembling voice it came from me: "Mark?" Mark was still standing motionless in front of me, before he fell on his knees and then sideways to the ground. "I want to kill you right now!", came it from Dark with glowing eyes behind Yami. You could feel the anger surrounding him. Anti was also with us and he pulled me towards our other friends while covering my eyes with one of his hands. Minx and Felix escorted me away without letting me look back, while I listened to Bob and Wade, who tried to heal Mark. The last thing I heard before we turned a corner was: "Fuck, it was good that we were only a few seconds behind him. That injury could've killed him otherwise."