Chapter 36: A mothers visit

Hey Guys and Girls, I have a new chapter for you all. And I can tell you know, the next few chapter should get a bit more interesting. Were slowly but surely getting to the good part of the plot.

Until the next chapter.

Caro :D

Mark POV

I stood nervously in front of the door and still discussing whether I should let my mother in or not. However, I really didn't want that Jack met my mother without me. With a deep breath I put my hand on the handle and pressed it downwards slowly. I carefully opened the door a crack wide. As I looked outside, I noticed my mother waiting in front of the door. "Ah, there's my baby.", came it from my mother as soon as she realized that I had opened the door. Embarrassed I greeted back: "Hey Ma, how was your trip?" "Oh, not as bad as I had thought. An old friend has helped me with bringing all your things here. They are safely tucked away in his car.", continued my mother. With a slight smile I let her in the apartment. After she had taken off her shoes and I had hung up her jacket, we went into the living room.

Jack was already waiting for us there, while sitting on the couch. As soon as he saw us coming, he stood up and walked towards us. He politely gave my mother his right hand to shake and introduced himself: "Hello, Miss Fischbach. I'm Jack, the roommate and friend of your son." "Oh, how nice it is to meet you. Mark normally doesn't want me to meet his friends that early.", came the embarrassing answer from my mother. With a sigh I hid my face behind my hands. Embarrassed I said: "Maybe I've got my reasons for that, Ma." "Oh, come on, sweetheart. I'm not that bad. Your brothers would be even more embarrassing than I am. Be glad that I could convince them to stay at home and not to come here with me.", explained my mother to me and stroked me with her hand over the left shoulder. At the thought that my brothers would have met Jack too, I twitched briefly, since it was scarier than to just have my mother here.

My facial expression was probably very funny, because Jack and my mother started to laugh. Offended I retreated into the kitchen and took the lasagne. Without a word I brought our lunch into the living room and put it on the table. Meanwhile my friend and my mother took a seat on the couch. Slightly grumpy, but still polite I asked: "What do you want to drink, Ma?" "Oh, a mineral water is good enough for me.", she said to me and I disappeared back into the kitchen and brought a bottle of mineral water into the living room along with three glasses. In the meantime Jack has already cut the lasagne and placed for each one of us a piece on our plates. In her friendly way my mother thanked him: "Thank you very much Jack that is really sweet of you." "Oh, for such a lovely lady it's not a problem at all.", responded my roommate, which made my mother laugh.

Then she took a bite of the food and you could immediately tell how much she loved it. Enchanted it came from her: "That is so delicious. Did you prepared it, Mark?" "Yes and no, Jack has helped me.", I explained to her and Jack added: "But Mark had done most of the work." My mother giggled and took another bite from her plate. "You know, your brother would do anything to get your delicious food again. They were already complaining yesterday that dinner doesn't taste as wonderful as usually.", my mother told me and I had to laugh about that. Jack added then: "I can understand them though. Mark's cooking skills are incredible." "Oh, a professional cook would still be better than me.", I replied. My friend shook his head and said: "Bullshit. You could easily beat a master chef."

At that compliment my cheeks got slightly red and I scratched myself with my left index finger on the left cheek. Out of the corner of my eyes I realized that my mother was smiling at me. Then we began to enjoy the food. During our meal my mother had asked about my first day of school. Fortunately, Jack had also thought about to not mention the ambush to my mother, when we both told her about today's events. My mother would have just freaked out at this information. After lunch Jack and I brought the dishes into the kitchen to wash them later today. "Mark, how's Dark doing now?", asked my mother when we came back into the living room. Surprised I stopped and stared at my mother for a long time. Before I could say anything, Dark showed up next to me and replied: "I'm fine." "That's good to hear. Have you already made some friends too?", came it from my mother.