"Have you lost your damn mind!?" ( Phil Coulson x Clint Barton)

Clint Barton, often Phil's bane of existence. Being his handler should mean being able to handle the archer but this was rarely the case for the two of them.

"Have you lost your damn mind!?" Coulson exclaims as he hits his desk. He quickly spins on his heel and paces his office "you are the most reckless ,stupid man I have ever had to deal with!!!" He snaps glaring at the injured agent. "I should shoot you myself!" He shouts as he runs a hand over his face. Phil continues to pace the length of his office before rolling his shoulders and turning to the silent archer.
Clint was sitting silently staring down at his bandaged arm, he swallows harshly hearing his handlers comments, his heart breaking slightly, he never meant for this to happen. "I had to" he chokes out as he looks up, his eyes slightly glossy, with unshed tears or his concussion it was hard to tell, but it calmed Coulson down realising Clint was being unusually open with him. "Why, what makes you think you have to risk your life like that?" Phil asks perching on the edge of his desk facing his agent. "I need to prove to them I was worth being on the team" he mummers , his insecurities flaring up brightly in the dimly lit office. "I need to prove i was worthy" he spills as a lone tear slides down his cheek, he almost sobs when a warm fingertip brushed it away. "Clint, you don't have to prove yourself to anyone ," he reassures him "you've always been worthy , of being on the team and with being with me." He responds getting to the heart of the problem. "Did you mean it?" Clint asks weakly as he looks up at the senior agent , his voice cracking as he holds back the tears. "Did you really mean that I'm reckless and stupid?" He clarifies, his voice shaking ever so slightly , something most people would have missed but Phil wasn't most people. "No. I didn't mean it Clint" he says truthfully as he crouches in front of him and cups his cheek in his hand "you didn't deserve that comment " he admits softly as he softly strokes his cheek "i just." He hesitates before sighing "you drive me mad you know that?" He says ,shaking his head "i don't want to lose you love, especially when you acted the way you did. You never have to prove yourself to anyone, especially when it means you risking your life. " he says swallowing a wave of fear "i need you alive Clint, i need you safe and unharmed when you come home to me. I need your cocky smirks and cheeky glances and for you to walk in and tease me for being worried about you before you pin me against a surface and make me come undone in a way no one else can do" Phil revealed shyly as he carefully moves them so he was sitting in the chair with Clint in his lap. One of his calloused hands was rubbing small circles on the archers back, he hated that he had upset his boyfriend. "Come undone huh" Clint manages to say looking up with a halfhearted attempt at his usually teasing smile. "Why am i not surprised that's what you heard " Phil says as he kisses his archer lovingly. Clint laughs waterlily as he kisses his handler back and tangles his hand into his hair gently. He pulls back slightly "will you show me, that you love me ?" He practically begs as he climbs to his knees "make love with me " he requests of him. Phil gently nips at his lips "That isn't going to happen tonight Clint, we're going to go home, we are then going to snuggle up on the sofa and watch a movie whilst i prove i love you by holding you close " he promises him as he pulls him closer and then kissing him.