Teach me how to play? ( Steve Rogers x Clint Barton )

The first time Steve had seen Clint play he had been memorised, Clint had looked so peaceful, he was on their floor, the one they shared , and he was simply resting on the sofa, adorned with a simple pair of baggy grey sweatpants , his broad chest bare for all to see, his green eyes were focused solely on the beautiful instrument currently residing in his hands, and Steve couldn't help but enjoy his view. Clint got this focused look on his face yet he always stopped when he was discovered.

The second time that Steve saw him playing, Clint was sitting on the kitchen table, bandages littered his upper body and arms, his face was set in a scowl as he watches the instrument, but this time his focus wasn't on the way he sat and played but rather how Clint's hands were shaking as his fingers moved.

The third time, Clint came strolling in, guitar in his hands as he played effortlessly as he walked in from the bedroom, a smile tugged at his lips as his fingers glided confidently over the strings, a complex tune reverberating in the air. He pauses as he spots Steve and smiles only long enough to drop down on the sofa beside him, his guitar resting in his hands.

The fourth time, Steve asked, his voice nervous and shy but his blue eyes wide with nervous excitement. He asked simply to watch him play, Clint had never willingly played in front of him, as soon as Clint notices him he would stop playing and look up at him with a shy yet playful smile dancing on his lips and a light in his eyes that was hardly ever seen. Clint agreed after a brief pause. He gives him a nervous smile as he sits on the edge of the sofa, his guitar in hand. His eyes darted from Steve to the guitar and back again before he swallows and nods , his fingers slowly moving over the strings causing a soft noise to perpetrate the air. With a deep breath, he starts to play Iris by Goo Goo Doll's, his eyes flick up to Steve and Clint smiles seeing Steve watching him with a reserved smile on his lips.

After the song, Clint sets his guitar down and looks at Steve, "how was that?" he asks hoping he liked it, there was a reason he didn't play in front of anyone. "Clint," Steve says with a smile "that was beautiful," Steve tells him, his eyes sparkling. Clint shifts some but smiles, the sort of smile that could radiate throughout the room. "You think so?" he asks shyly. Steve smiles and leans forward and takes a hold of Clint's hand, I know so" he tells him before leaning over and stealing a gentle yet loving kiss from his boyfriend's lips.Clint almost beams as he kisses back. He moves so he was straddling his boyfriend's lap. "thank you" Clint mummers as he kisses him. They slowly pull away from each other.

The two men sit together for a long while before Steve decides to ask , "Will you teach me how to play?" Clint's head almost snaps up in bewilderment, he had never had anyone know about him being able to play let alone anyone asking him to teach them before. "Why?" He asks, he was almost certain Steve wouldn't make fun of his passion but he had trust issues and he could never guarantee that someone else wouldn't find out and tease him. Steve uses his thumb to stroke over Clint's cheekbone "because I would love for you to teach me how to play " he tells his partner. Clint smiles shyly, his eyes brighter than normal "I think, if you're sure, I could teach you how to play" Clint tells him. "I'm sure," Steve says with a smile as he drops a kiss on his cheek. The older of the two nods his head "okay, I'll teach you" he promises.

As promised, a few days later, after training, Clint and Steve settle on the sofa. Both men were dressed in lose comfortable clothing and Clint had his acoustic guitar with him. Clint sits facing slightly sideways, his leg tucked under him as he fingers his guitar. Steve smiles and places a hand on his knee. "We don't have to do this if you don't want to Clint," Steve tells him as he softly rubs his knee, the assassin chuckles quietly, "I'm just not sure how to start or if I'm able to teach anyway" he admits hesitantly. Steve smiles "wherever you feel the most comfortable place to start is" Steve soothes. Clint nods and slowly but surely he starts to teach Steve the basics of the guitar,starting with how to hold the guitar.

It only takes Steve a few lessons before he was able to play small tunes with the guitar, which Clint was happy about, especially when Steve gave his complete concentration to what he was saying or what he was showing his younger boyfriend. Whenever Steve was intensely focused, his eyes darkened and the tip of his tongue became visible between soft pink lips, distracting Clint completely, which always made Steve smile in amusement.

For days, Clint and Steve would take turns playing the guitar, they started off with simple songs but over time the songs got harder till both men were trying to outdo each other until they both would try to distract each other as they played. Both men often ended up entwined together on the sofa, enjoying each others company and love