Don't you ever do that again! (ofc X Aaron Hotchner)

Based on the Episode Route 66 where Aaron passes out at work. Hotch was reviewing the case with the team when he began to feel unwell and eventually passed out. While in the ambulance, Rossi learns that Hotch was suffering from internal bleeding from the stab wounds he sustained at the hands of Foyet, and must have surgery. Aaron awakes in the hospital. Hayley, his girlfriend is there waiting with his son Jack.

The ringing of the phone makes a young women groan and roll over and grabs a hold of her mobile, after a few brief words the women hangs up and climbs out of the bed and changed into some jeans and a long sleeved shirt, she grabs her pocket possessions and heads straight out her front door and climbs into her beat up blue mustang.

The doors hissed open and the young women slipped silently through the doors and allows a quick glance before moving to a man in a suit. "Dave,What happened?" she asks giving him a small hug before releasing him and looking at him expectantly. "He passed out at work, the medics are saying possible internal bleeding," Dave tells his friends girlfriend. Hayley runs her fingers through her hair and sighs "Oh man" she mummers softly before nodding slightly "Is he in surgery ?" She asks uncertainly. "yeah," he tells her placing a hand on her shoulder. "We were in the middle of briefing for a case when he..he passed out" Dave informs her squeezing her shoulder lightly. She nods her head slightly before the two of them take a seat to wait.

Hayley wasn't sure how long she waited for. Dave had left along time ago and Garcia had popped in with Jack, who was currently sitting in her lap resting his head on her chest. Her fingers were running through his hair softly as they sat quietly in the waiting room. Finally, a doctor walks into the room and looks around the mostly empty room and heads for them. " I'm Doctor Links, im a surgeon. Agent Hotchner is currently stable and is doing better. A nurse will be in shortly to take you to see him" the doctor tells her before giving a half smile and heads back through the door. "Hear that buddy, daddy's gonna be okay," Hayley tells the little boy as she kisses his head relaxing slightly before standing up and holding the little boy closer an rocking him gently. "Can we go see him now?" Jack asks quietly as he cuddles closer to her. "Soon buddy, there just setting him into a private room," She tells him.

Only a few minutes pass before a nurse comes out and leads them into a room. Aaron was hooked up to a oxygen mask and a EKG. She swallows noticing the needle in the back of his left hand, his skin was paler than usual and she didn't like it at all. She steps into the room and moves over to Aaron's side and rests her hand on his arm and swallows softly "Hey, you're gonna be okay" She says quietly as she sets Jack on the edge of the bed. The young child leans down and kisses his dads cheek "I love you daddy" he says softly before leaning back "Is daddy gonna be okay?" his fear of losing his dad evident in his voice. "Ah buddy, daddy will be okay, he just needs lots of sleep and to be looked after by the doctors," The young women says softly kissing the small child's head before she settles down into the uncomfortable chair.

Hours later, as day turned to night and stars started appearing in the darkened sky, Aaron started to stir from his medicine induced slumber. A groan slips out of his lips as he takes a couple of attempts to open his eyes. A hand on his arm settles him and his head turns to the right. Sitting in the hospital chair was his girlfriend and son. He smiles and allows his eyes to close again. "Hey," a soft voice says as the hand on his arm softly rubs. His eyes crack open again "hey" he mummers as he looks at his girlfriend of three years. "don't you ever do that again Aaron, you scared me" she tells him softly. "mm no promises" he tells her quietly as his gaze drops to his son, who was sleeping soundly. Hayley follows his gaze and smiles "he was trying to wait for you but I think dinner may have been the one to make him crash" she tells him