First experience with terror. (Tony Stark x Reader)

As the cloud dust settled, you noticed that you were lying on the hard concrete floor in pain and as you sat up you winced seeing the world seemingly spin, especially when your stomach revolted, close to throwing up. You slowly look around as your hand came up to your head and slowly pulled yourself up to your feet, eyes flickering around the street, your eyes landing on Tony, who was laying a few feet behind you.

"Tony,"You say as you crouched down beside him and place your fingers to his throat and breathed a sigh of relief as you feel the rapid beating of his heart and you gently tap his cheek. "Tony, come on babe," you say to him before you take another look around, you still didn't remember what happened but you could see the destruction on the street, there was cracks on the ground and the lamp-post was bent in half, so you knew it was bad. Your attention was turned back to your genius by his soft groans of pain as his eyes flickered open and darted from left to right before they settled on you.

"Hey," he grunted as he forced his body up and sat up, his eyes darted around, taking in your surroundings quickly before he relaxed slightly into you. "Dang my head hurt," he uttered before he forced himself to stand up, helping you to your feet as well, "Do you remember what happened?" he queried as he looks around the street, it looked like a hurricane had ripped through it. You slightly shook your head, "No, the last thing that I remember was coming out of work," you told him. He nods his head, though he looked slightly distracted, "I don't even remember that, I remember headed out the tower to come pick you up," he says, his eyes finally landing on you and you lick your lips nervously. "You think someone purposely attacked us?" you ask him, you eyes repeatedly take in the street as you step closer to Tony, who nodded and took your hand, leading you away from the carnage and back towards the safety of the tower.

You get about halfway down the street when a figure stepped out from down the street, Tony stops in front of you, he tugged you behind him, making sure to shield you with his own body. Despite only being a nurse, you weren't afraid to fight if needed, so from behind Tony, you watched as what you assumed to be a man, moved closer to the two of you.

You weren't sure how it happened, but you assumed it must have been thanks to JARVIS, one of Tony's Iron Man suits was flying in from the direction of the tower, without giving anything away, you watched as JARVIS-controlled the suit and wiped out the man advancing on your location. After which, the suit proceeded to land in front of Tony, who climbed inside and wrapped his arms around you, keeping a firm grip on you, as not to drop you. Tony flew you back to the tower, where JARVIS welcomed you back and took the suit, you were soon told by the artificial butler about the previous few minutes, where that man, had been the following of a known terror organisation had tried to kill the two of you.

Still a little shaken from the ordeal, you grabbed the first aid kit and went about patching the two of you up, but all you could really focus on was how hard you had to concentrate to keep your hands from shaking as the adrenaline rush you had encountered, rushed out of your body and you were left slipping into shock.

"Hey, it's okay. We're both okay," Tony says softly, his voice none higher than a whisper as he caught a glance at how badly shaking your hands were as you were patching him up, his hands moving to cover yours. The unusual, but not unwelcome, display of quiet affection caused you to sob softly, and lean into him, pressing your head into his shoulder, shaking. "It's okay baby, let it out, you are okay." he murmurs as he runs his hand over your back and slowly rocks back and forth on his heels. You grip his shirt tightly as you quietly sob, whilst you sobbed into his chest, Tony's soft hushing, finally calming you down.