"I think we need to talk." (Matt Murdock X OFC)

Matt comes clean with his girlfriend of two years about being Daredevil.
Matt's POV.

I smile listening as Scarlett hums along to the soft sounds of the radio, she was barely audible above the song but it comforted me knowing she was around, especially as she was not laying curled up on the sofa entangled with me. I did not bother to use my powers to focus on her, not when I knew that she was safe in my apartment with me, she was pottering in the kitchen, making something for dinner for us. I run my tongue along my lip lightly and still wince when I catch the cut on the corner, I knew that Scarlett was starting to get suspicious with all the cuts, bruises, and lacerations that I would often be littered with, I had yet to tell her about the night job I had. I did not know how she would take it. I was technically lying to her, about a lot of things. With a small sigh, I carefully sit up and adjust to my new position before making my way to the kitchen and to my girlfriend.

The soft gasps from Scarlett registers and I smile. "You totally do that on purpose, " Scarlett says smacking my arm as she brushed past me, her lips brushing my cheek, and my smile widens as I nod unapologetically to her, tracking her movements, "I can't help it, I love your reaction. " I tell her softly. I feel my heart flutter as she laughs as she dishes up dinner, "meanie," she pouts as she sets the table up for me, in my usual manner. "Thank you," I say to her with a small smile as I reach out and gently bring her closer, my fingers lightly observing her beauty as I reach up to cup her cheek, I feel her soft lips press gently into my fingers in a kiss, causing me to smile. "Eat your dinner, Matty," Scarlett says before pressing a kiss to my palm and then moving away to put dinner on the table for us both.

After eating and cleaning up, the two of us settle down and I swallow my pride, I turn my attention towards my girlfriend and swallows. "I think we need to talk," I say to her, "it's not bad, at least I don't so," I tell her as I fumble to get my words right, I reach down, feeling for her hand and holding it in my own as I run my thumb along the back her hand. "Matt" Scarlett coaxes gently as she brushes her thumb along the back of my hand "I am listening," she tells me. I swallow and bite my lip, regretting it when it hurt, but sigh nonetheless before gathering the willpower to tell her. "Scar, I'm the vigilante Daredevil." I blurt before wincing slightly at how badly that sounded and how, despite being a well-respected lawyer, I couldn't get my thoughts out to my own girlfriend. "Okay, say I believe that how? Matty your blind, how can you see them? " She asks sounding confused. "Remember how I told you about how I became blind? Well, the chemicals, they gave me some side effects, like sometimes I can see, it's sort of all flame-like." I awkwardly explain to her as I feel her gaze on me.

"Okay. So. You are blind, but sometimes you fight crime, in which time you can see, but everything is red. Okay," Scarlett recaps to herself before quietly laughing "oh wow, Matt, you are certainly special," She says before her lips are pressing into mine softly and I can't help but pull her closer as I press my lips more firmly into her, grateful that she accepted me, again.