"I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified." (Stokes X OFC)

You weren't sure why Nick had asked you to come over to his as your date was scheduled for the next week, yet when he asked, you had gone over. You and Nick ended up sitting on his sofa, talking and he smiled as he licked his lips, "Thanks for coming, I know it's short notice and everything but I appreciate you coming over," he said, his hands folded up in his lap as he twiddled his thumbs uncertainly, unsure how to get the words out. "I know that we.... we haven't been seeing each other long but... but...gosh." he trailed off into a murmur to himself before he started up again, "but there is something about you that is different and I think I'm in love with you and I'm terrified about it, I know we haven't been together long and I don't exactly have the best track record with people," he says with a huff of nervous laughter as he allowed himself to look up, only to be taken aback by the look you were giving him.

You had been staring at him in surprised awe, you had not expected him to admit that he was in love with you when you had walked into his home earlier in the evening, and so, you were a little taken back by his admission, but at the same time, you were honoured that he felt that way about you. You couldn't help the smile that formed on your lips, "Neither of us exactly have the best track record with people, and I'm always happy to be in your company," you told him with a soft laugh as you take his hand in your own, "and your not alone in your feelings, they are mutual, I feel the same way about you," You informed him, the words coming more easily for you as you knew he wouldn't reject you. Nick sighed in relief, relaxing in the knowledge that he might have a future with you yet.

Laughing, you lean over, closer to him, "Now that we have declared out undying love for each other, are you going to relax around me?" she asks playfully, she had seen how tense he had become in their last few encounters and had put it down to work, but now she had begun to suspect this was actually down to him keeping his secret a secret. Nick laughs softly and nods a little, "I should think that is a possibility." he says just as playfully. You laugh before leaning over and kissing him, softly, something the two of you had done only a few times, yet always felt like the first time due to how it always took you by surprise.

Slowly, the kiss deepened and soon the two of you were making out on the sofa, Nick was pulling you closer, enough to cup your cheek and hold you close and kiss you deeply, you pull back from his lips to try and get some air into your lungs but the smouldering look that Nick was giving you made you blush, "If you keep looking at me like that we won't make it to the bed." You tell him, a little breathlessly but also not seriously, as neither of you was ready for that stage of the relationship yet, Nick chuckles softly, leaning over to steal a quick kiss before resting his forehead on yours, "I can't help it, you have no idea how amazing you are," he says.