"I've seen the way you look at me," (Sherlock x Reader)

Sherlock was working on a case, and he was sitting in his chair, hands clasped in front of his chin, and you were sitting across from him, reading a book, you were waiting on John so you could get lunch. At one point, you glanced up at Sherlock, before you returned to the book.

Near the end of the book, you glance job again then to your watch before glancing towards the stairs, with a quiet sigh you once again return to your book, hoping John would hurry up, you were starving. "You know, I've seen the way you look at me when you think no don't notice," a voice comments and it causes you to jump. You look up to Sherlock and raise and eyebrow, before you could say anything, he smiles, just slightly, before it vanishes, he leans forward, "I'm not sure that you even realise that you look at me the way you do," he comments and you give him a shy smile, uncertain about what to say in response, "I erm, I didn't think that you noticed," you admit embarrassed, and wet your lips before continuing on, "I know full well how i look at you and how I feel about you," you admit.

"You are in love with me," Sherlock states almost knowingly, and without hesitating. You couldn't stop the blush from rising to your cheeks. He wasn't wrong. You were in love with him and had been for a while. "Yeah i am," you admit to what he knows, and it is almost a relief to admit it, but at the same time, you were scared about his reaction.

Sherlock nods, as if he was expecting that response from you, which wasn't a surprise to you, he did sometimes seem to know everything, but you always assumed he didn't get emotions, but he seems to get how you felt, he acted like he could see through, like he knew you better than you did. He gave a slight smile again before he moved to sit beside you, " you known I care about you, right?" He asks sounding a little uncertain, knowing he wasn't great at expressing himself or his emotions. You smile, already knowing that he did care. "I know you care," you tell him, because despite every thing, Sherlock had proved, in his own way, that he cared for you and considered you his friend.

"I've never been in love, therefore I can not guarantee that that is how I feel about you, but I care and I do not wish for harm to come to you," he tells you earnestly. "I can't even guarantee that i can show you how i feel, but I want you to understand and know that I care about you. Deeply." Sherlock confesses, surprising you with the sincerity of his words but also the topic, he wasn't known for being great with feelings, but he was known for being honest, now matter how blunt or hurtful, leading you to believe that he meant what he was telling you.