I Almost Lost You ( Jethtro Gibbs x Tony DiNozzo)

Based on SWAK ,Tony opens a letter filled with the pneumonia plague. He has a 15% chance of surviving. Tony and Gibbs are in a relationship. This is after Gibbs gave Tony the phone.

Gibbs sighs quietly as he watches Tony sleep in the hospital bed. He was still too pale for his liking, his usual active SFA was laying too still under the breathing mask. Gibbs hated to think it, let alone say it out loud but he was certain that he was going to die and he would have been powerless to stop it. Gibbs shakes his head softly and slips his hand under the blanket to grasp the younger man's hand. His skin was thankfully still warm to the touch. Gibbs sighs quietly again as he leans down and whispers to the young man "You did it, Tony, You did it" he says quietly as he squeezes his hand softly. "you're going to be okay Tone" he mummers. Jethro leans back into the hard plastic chair and sighs, he couldn't believe that he almost lost the best young agent he had ever worked with.

Gibbs sat with the younger, good-looking man for a long while before Tony started to stir, "hey" Gibbs mutters softly watching as the young man slowly opened his green eyes. Tony's face was still flushed as sweat gathered along his forehead, his green eyes were glassed over "boss?" he mummers hoarsely as his eyes flickers around and lands on Gibbs. "I'm here Tony" he says quietly as he rubs his hand softly, his lips twitched slightly as Tony smiles slightly "mm , am I dying?" he asks curiously as his eyes start to flicker closed again "No Tony you aren't" he tells him with a sad smile. "Tony" he whispers softly as he reaches out and strokes his cheek gently "yeah?" he whispers "i...I almost lost you" Gibbs whispers back as he struggles not to lose control of his emotions, "you didn't" he responds to him struggling not to fall asleep "it was close," the older man says quietly, "too close" he mummers. "I love you" Tony mutters softly as he falls asleep , one hand holding a phone and the other grasping Gibbs' hand. The blue-eyed man smiled despite himself "I love you too" he whispers into Tony's ear.