"Can I tell you a secret?" (Superman x Reader)

"You know," I say from behind you, causing you to jump and spin around, "it isn't safe for you to be walking alone this late at night," I finish as I fly slightly in front of you now. You laugh softly, "Don't you know I have my own guardian angel," you joke lightly, and I can't stop the slight smile that dances on my lips,"I have rescued you a little too often," I tease as I land in front of you, lips still dancing with a slight smile."This you have," you agree as you walk with me, "and I am thankful everytime you do," you tell me. This time I can't help but chuckle, "I know," I comment as I fall into step with you.

The two of us walk, in silence, for a few streets before I speak again, "You should stop coming out so late and I wouldn't need to rescue you," I say, not for the first time. A smile forms on your lips, and I can't help but watch, in slight awe as you do. "I can't always help it," you say, breaking me from my slight trance, "I have to work." I hum softly, understanding completely, not that I could tell you... or could I?

The thought of telling you whom I was, was intriguing, I had never told anyone, though Lois knew. You did know both sides of me, the geek I was now and the superhero people looked up to. You had known the other me for over a year and you had known this version of me, a little, for three months. "Maybe try not to work so late, or get a ride," I manage to say to you as we made it to your apartment block. I decided to bite the bullet.

"Can I tell you a secret?" I ask and I can see the surprise on your face before you nod, "Of course," comes your answer, almost immediately, and I am grateful for it. I knew you weren't one to gossip or lie, but I could only hope this secret would remain a secret. "My real name is Kal-El," I say before swallowing slightly, "but most people know me as Clark Kent," I admit to you and you smile, "I know... I mean about you being Clark," you say in return, and I can hear the sincerity in your voice and I blow out a breath, careful as not to use my ice-breath. "And you didn't say anything?" This time, I am surprised. "Of course not, I figured you would tell me when you were ready," you say like it was obvious, and it makes me smile. "I suppose you know me better than I thought," I state and you laugh, leaning forward and pressing your lips to my cheek, "That I do," you breathe and I am suddenly very unsure about what to do.

"If you like, I can continue to pretend that I have no idea, if it helps," you offer, bringing me out of my headspace. "That is okay, I am glad you know," I admit honestly, "Thank you for keeping my secret safe," I say, knowing that indeed you had kept it a secret. "That good sir is my pleasure," you say before a slight smirk crosses your lips, "At least it will if you keep saving me," you joke and I laugh, "Of course I will keep you safe, I am your guardian angel," I tease back and with our exchange at an end, I allow you to head inside, after you give me another kiss on the cheek, and I fly off, ready to save the city I had claimed as my own