Requested* CAS X OFC - A strays Rescue.

Melissa is human, her mum was a woman of letters and John's former best friend. They all act like they're a family even though that they're not. 

 "Are we sure this is real?" Melissa asks Dean who had just told them about the phone call he had gotten from someone claiming to be Castiel.

"I don't know," Dean says truthfully, "But we can't rule it out," he adds as he drums his fingers on the steering wheel as his mind races through several scenarios about how he could be alive, and who it could be if it isn't him.

"We'll just have to be careful," Sam says, the three of them falling into silence as Baby eats up the miles to the location Castiel had said he was in.

Pulling up in a dark alley, Dean pulled up to a stop before the three of them climbed out, scanning the area as hands go to where their weapons rest, just in case. Walking forward, their steps come to a stop as they stand a distance from where the Vessel of Castiel's stood.

"Cas is that really you?" Dean asks eyeing the man.

"No," Sam says shocked, "You're dead,"

"I... I was. Then I annoyed an ancient cosmic being so much that he sent me back" Castiel informs as he walks closer to the Winchester Boys, and Melissa.

"I don't... I don't know what to say," Sam tells him

"I do," Dean says as he steps forward towards Castiel, "Welcome home Pal," he says wrapping his arms around the angel, relieved to see he was himself and was back. Stepping away, Dean let his arms drop to his side as Sam steps forward to hug the angel, a little awkwardly, both boys parting to let Melissa throw herself at the angel, hugging him close to herself. "You've been missed," The surrogate Winchester tells him, pulling back to stand between Sam and Dean.

"How long was I gone?" Castiel asks, eyes flickering over the three of them.

"Too damn long," Dean answers.

"Where where you? Heaven?" Sam questions as he eyes the vessel.

"No," Castiel says, to the hunters' confusion, "No, I was in the empty," he replies, confusing the three of them.

"Whats the empty?" Melissa asks confused as she watches the only full angel she considered a friend.

"It is where angels and demons go when they die, and eternal sleep," he explains, "after I annoyed the being, I heard someone call my name," he goes on, "I thought it was one of you."

"No, we were still looking," Dean says sharing a look with his brother, and surrogate sister.

"Jack," Sam suddenly says, turning his attention to them, "He's been asking about you and wanting you back, he could have done it," he explains his theory, making them nod, it was plausible, they had no idea what the Nephilim could do.

"Either way," Melissa says giving Cas a smile, "It's good to have you home," she tells him, giving him another brief hug, before heading back to the Impala with them, climbing into the back with Castiel.