"It could be worse" (Benedict Cumberbatch x Reader)

Waking up on New Year's day, was as you predicted, terrible. There was a pounding in your head from the alcohol consumed the night before, you were also tired for staying up half the night to watch the New Year's fireworks, the party had lasted to almost three a.m when people finally started to break up for the night.

It was close to nine a.m when you finally crawled out of bed, surprisingly, Benedict was already up and downstairs, making coffee when you stumbled downstairs, just after nine. "Morning," Ben greets and you make a noise of acknowledgement as you survey the mess on the floor, before deciding to ignore it for now. "Morning," you finally say to him as you walk into the kitchen and press a kiss to his cheek. "How bad are you feeling?" he asks, and you can hear the amusement in his voice. "I have a major hangover and there is a mess in the living room," you complain, earning another laugh, "It could be worse," he comments, making you groan, "Why are you so mean?" you say playfully upset, even as you wrap your arms around him and bury your head in his neck. "Because it is fun," he says in response, even as he hands you a cup of coffee and an aspirin.

"I change my mind, you are my hero," you declare as you take the aspirin with some coffee. Ben chuckles, "You are easily persuaded," he teases as he leans over and presses a kiss to your cheek, but turning your head, you kiss him properly. "You are very persuasive," you tell him with a slight smile. Benedict chuckles and brings you closer as he presses a kiss to your lips softly, "I wasn't even trying," he says and you shrug, you would do almost anything for him and he knew it.

Finally, you sit down with him and eat breakfast, and after doing the dishes, the two of you get to cleaning up the living room. "Next time, we are only having a few people over, it would be a lot easier to clean up," you tell him, though you both know that neither would change having your family and friends over to celebrate.