Requested* Tony DiNozzo & OMC x Abby - Into the future.

"Alright, Split up. DiNozzo's you pair up, McGee you're with me," Gibbs tells his team, motioning to the brothers, Blade and Tony, to head down the right corridor whilst he took McGee down the left one. The two groups soon spread out, moving down their respected hallways, clearing rooms as they went. Tony follows behind his brother, despite being higher in ranking, his older brother still protested about being the first one into a room, he wouldn't admit it, but it was to keep his younger brother safe.

As soon as the brothers entered the last room in the hallway, a shot rang out, making Tony grip his gun tighter as he scanned the dark room, he raised his weapon upon finding his target. "NCIS, Hands where I can see them!" He calls out aiming his weapon at the silhouetted person, hearing another shot, he dived to the side, taking his brother with him. Raising up again, Tony took three shots, each one hitting it's intended target on their shooter. Lowering his weapon again, he went and checked on the body, kicking the gun away before raising his gun and turning as the light turned on.

A gasp escaped his lips as he noticed the blood staining his older brother's shirt. "Blade!" He says somewhat panicked, as he returned to his brother's side. Pressing his microphone, he told Gibbs and McGee that their suspect was down and that he needed an ambulance. Sinking to his knees alongside his brother, he pressed his brother's hands into the wound, hoping to stem the blood flow.

"Stay with me Blade," Tony tells him, to which Blade chuckles, wetly as blood speckled his lips. Leaning into his younger brother, Blade held the wound, and some part of him knew the shot had been fatal. A sharp stinging of his cheek made him open his eyes again, even though he hadn't realised that he had closed them. "Come on Blade, your tougher than this, keep your eyes open," Tony pleaded, "You're going to be okay," Tony repeats, tears welling in his eyes, noticing how pale his brother was, and how he was responding sluggishly.

"You promised Blade," Tony chokes out, glancing up as he feels someone enter the room, Gibbs walked over, kneeling beside the fallen agent, Tony didn't pay much attention to it as he was focused on his brother. "You promised not to leave me Blade," Tony murmurs painfully as he held his brother.

"I'm sorry Tones," Blade tells him, turning his hand to hold his brothers. "It's going to be okay, kid," he tells him, using what little strength he could muster, to wrap his arm around his younger brother. "I'm proud of you. I always have been," he tells him, voice cracking before quieting, trying to preserve his strength.

"Just hold on Blade, help's on its way," Tony tells him, and like it was what they were waiting on, two medics come rushing into the room, carefully moving, he let them get to his brother, whilst still being in line of sight, and being able to touch him. "You riding with us?" One of the medics ask and Tony nods easily trailing after them, reassuring his older brother.

The next few hours were a blur to Tony, he went to the hospital with his brother, hours spent pacing the waiting room as his brother was in surgery. At some point, Gibbs had turned up, to get his statement and shoved coffee into his hands, he barely got a few sips out of it as he paced. He glanced up when the doors open, giving his attention to the doctor.

5 years passed in a blur for the DiNozzos. Recovery took close to a year for Blade, but through everything, the brothers were together, helping each other. Nearly a year after being shot, Blade was back to himself, though he decided he wasn't willing to waste any more time, as soon as he was able to, Blade was back at work, this time as a civilian, he had given up his job at NCIS to focus on himself. He had plucked up the courage to ask Abby out, someone he had been crushing on for a while, and thankfully, she had agreed to it. Which is how he had gotten to the position he was in, a stay at home husband, with three young children.

Whilst Abby worked at NCIS, Blade stayed at home looking after their children, Maverick who was three, and soon starting pre-k, and 8-month-old twins Luna and TJ, who was named after his uncle Tony. Blade loved his family and was damn glad that he had managed to pull through surgery and that his brother has stuck by his side.