Requested* SR x OFC - "Marry Me" "Could you repeat that?"

"Hey," Steve says to his girlfriend Lily as he wrapped an arm around her waist and kissed her cheek, "Can I borrow you for a minute?" He asks her, nodding his head towards the hallway.

"Of course," She says before politely excusing herself from the other female members of the Avengers. Following the team leader, she was led to the hallway. "Everything okay?" She asks her boyfriend, getting a smile in return.

"Yeah. Yeah, everything's fine," Steve reassures, before blushing pretty darkly. "I've been meaning to ask for a long time now, but could never get the timing right... So I'm just going to ask," he says, before taking a breath and letting it out, "Will you marry me?"

Blinking in surprise, Lily chokes out, "Could you repeat that?" not sure she was actually being proposed to at her dad's party for their anniversary.

"I ... Will you marry me?" Steve repeats, though a little more uncertain than before, though he lets out a sigh of relief when Lily throws herself into his arms.

"Yes! Oh my god yes," Lily tells him, kissing him passionately, which the Captain happily reciprocated. Letting her back down afterwards, Steve pulls out a small black box he had been carrying around for months, taking the ring out and sliding it onto her finger, placing a kiss to the back of her hand.

"Can't believe you proposed," she says as she looks at the ring and then to him, giving him another kiss.

"We should, we should return before someone notices our absence," he says with a shy smile.

"Okay," she says in agreement, taking his hand and leading him back into the party and then being dragged away by Natasha. "Kiss on your own time," the redhead joked, taking the younger Stark back to the group of ladies.

Joining back into the circle, Lily excited blurted out that Steve had proposed, showing the ladies and Vision, who Wanda was talking to, or flirting with, more accurately, the ring that Steve had given to her. "Oh my gosh, that is gorgeous," Wanda says as she takes Lily's hand to get a better look at the ring. The ladies cooing and congratulating her.

Across the room, Steve joined Sam and Clint, who instantly started teasing him, seeing the blush on his cheeks. Clearing his throat, Steve smiles, "I did it, I asked her... She said yes," he tells them, glad to have gotten it off his chest.

"Bout time," Sam says, lightly nudging the other man, "I swear you've had the ring for months," he jokes, only to be cut off by Clint. "That's cause he had," the other blond male says, happily ribbing Steve, "I thought I would be a grandad before he finally proposed," he joked, laughing when Steve half-heartedly shoved him.

"I hate you both," Steve declares before folding his arms over his chest, even though he was smiling, unconcerned by the ribbing the two of them were giving him for his dopiness and procrastination on asking Lily for her hand in marriage.