Requested* Tony DiNozzo - I wish I was back safe in your arms

Mentions of: Death, Blood, minor violence.

Part 2 to Requested* Tony DiNozzo & OMC - I know it's safe in your arms.

Sitting at his desk, Tony's eyes were trained on his brothers desk, staring at it blankly, not really seeing it, all he could see was his brother laying dead on the ground in the warehouse. As he sat there, he was oblivious to the looks he was getting from other agents, he wasn't acting as himself but more worrying was the fact he was covered in blood and staring blankly at a desk across the way, the one that his brother had sat at for years.

"Hey," Gibbs says softly, crouching in front of his agent, who was clearly still in shock. "Let's get you washed up," he tells him, retrieving his agent's go bag from under the desk, and helping him down to the locker room, making sure he got into the shower okay, before returning upstairs, hoping to get a lead on the man who had killed one of his men. The shooter had not been the suspect they were after, and he wanted to know who he was and who had sent him.

Mechanically moving, Tony showers and changes, dumping his bloodstain clothes into an evidence bag, dropping them off in Abby's lab, where she tried to hug him, but which he avoided. As he returned to his desk, he went through the motions of getting his computer on, but he ended up staring blankly at the report form.

Unsure how long he ended up sitting like that, he felt a hand on his shoulder, and glanced up at the man he considered his mentor and friend. "I don't know what to put," Tony admits weakly as he turns back to the computer monitor, this was the first time in almost 20 years of being in law enforcement that he didn't know how to do his paperwork. "I know Tony, come on, you're gonna stay with me tonight," Gibbs tells him, uncharacteristically soft with his agent. Nodding, he turns his computer off and grabs his belongings, robotically following his boss out of the building and to his place.

Despite knowing that he should remove himself from the investigation, he doesn't, he continues to work the case with his team, soon finding out that the man who had killed his brother was a rogue CIA operative working for Trent Kort. It took a lot of willpower to stay behind, when they went to arrest him, but Tony knew that if he didn't he would kill the CIA Agent.

When the case was over, Tony did something he hadn't expected to ever do, he put in his resignation to leave the agency. He knew he should probably think about it first, but he knew there was no way he could continue to work in the place where his brother died.

Before he left the agency for good, he headed down to the cells, where Kort was, and unsurprising to the agents watching him, Tony walked up to his cell, let Kort get close before decking him, breaking his nose. Accomplishing his task, he turned and left, grabbing his belongings and leaving the building for a final time.