Valentines in the hospital (Phil Coulson x Reader)

"You know, being Director should mean that I can take time off when I want, but no that is not true," Phil complains as he moves in the bed, "talk to them, he said, he mentioned nothing about landing in the hospital," he complains, and you can't help laughing, "Being Director just means more paperwork, Phil, I thought I already told you this," you tell him, "and you need to lay still or you'll pull those stitches," you add amused, knowing that he wasn't a fan of hospitals, just like you.

"I would like to leave, this is not how I envisioned spending Valentine's day," he admits as he looks towards you, "I wished to spend the day with you." You smile as you lean over and brush your lips against his cheek, "You are spending the day with me," you tell him, "and you never asked if I was free today," you tease him, earning that rare smile from him. "In a more serious note, I am fine with spending time with you, and it isn't like we haven't spent time in the hospital before," you tell him and press a kiss to his cheek. "I know, and I'm glad to be with you too," he says taking your hand. "If you behave, I'll sneak you some chocolates and coffee," you bribe, knowing it was likely he would try and leave otherwise.