Requetsed*Avengers & Reader - In Memory

WARNING - Sadness, might need tissues. Mentions of death. 

Walking into the lounge, where everyone was gathered for the movie night, you sniffle as you wipe your eyes, almost instantly, the team turns towards you.
"What's wrong?" Steve asks as he climbs onto his feet, walking over and wrapping his arms around you, and struggling to keep from sobbing, you manage to choke out. "My grandpa, he's gone." Steve's arms tighten around you as he leads you towards the other, a group hug happening as the team do their best to comfort you.

After a few minutes of sobbing into Steve's chest, you manage to stand up on your own, a tissue being thrust at you, which you take to blow your nose and wipe your eyes. "Thanks, guys," you manage to tell them, voice a little rough from crying. "Would you... Would you guys come to the funeral with me?" you ask them, glancing at the team, people you called family.
"Of course we will," Natasha tells you, daring the others to contradict her statement, which no one does, all of them wanting to be with you when you need them.

Days later, finds you and the other Avengers at the cemetery, everyone was dressed in black, a small but important button fastened to their clothing, a red button with the image of a on it, with Ken, your grandpa's name underneath the bird. As per your grandpa's instructions, the adults, who drank, held a tumblr of whisky, and children, and those who didn't drink held club soda.
Taking a deep breath, you walked from your families side, to stand in front of your grandpa's grave, fingers nervously drumming on the glass as you stand in front of everyone.

"Grandpa was someone you could joke with or tell him something and he'd keep it a to himself. He was strong, gave great advice, and loved you no matter what happened. His favourite birds were Cardinals and he loved the Delta Redwings Hockey Team more than anything. I spent so many nights with him watching them but now, he has left this world in peace. He told me once, when I asked about him and grandma, that they met in their High Schools marching band. Both were in the drum section. He said that he knew he wanted to marry her. So they did, and they managed to drum their way through life together. And that's true. So let's all raise a glass to him. To Grandpa Ken. To the bravest guy ever." You say, choking back tears before holding up the glass of whisky and taking a drink before re-taking a seat between your family, the rest of the funeral passing in a blur as tears continuously slid down your cheeks.

Later that night, found you in your room in the tower, having cried yourself to sleep, the other members of the Avengers were sitting outside your bedroom, having taken it in turns to sit with you. As the team debated on a router, so that there was always someone nearby in case you needed them, they all shoot to their feet as they hear you scream, sobbing soon following after. Entering your room first, Tony sat beside you, wrapping his arms around you, pulling you into his chest as he rocked you, the others crowding around, offering soft reassurances that it would be okay, and that he loved you unconditionally, and that he wouldn't be forgotten. Sitting with your friends, their reassurances and gentle tones, helped you fall back asleep as you cried in Tony's arms.

Dedicated to Ken, grandad, The Drummer who never stopped playing. Even in death. May the Red Cardinals and Delta RedWings forever be with you.