Reader x JRR

"Have I entered an alternate universe or did you really just crack a smile for me?" You tease James, or Rhodey as you more commonly called him, as you see his smile in amusement as he listened to you talk about a prank that you had pulled on his surrogate brother, and famous billionaire, Tony Stark.

"Very funny," Rhodey says with a huff of amusement, even as he glanced down at you, arm sliding around your waist, pulling you closer to his chest.

"It was," you taunt playfully, laughing and trying to wiggle out of his arms as he tickles you for your comment. "Hey no, stop," You tell him trying to push his hands away. "James, stop," you say between laughs, eventually managing to break free of his grasp. "That was rude," you tell him, smoothing your hands down over your dress, pouting at the colonel for his actions, whilst checking to make sure the other guests hadn't seen or had returned to the party.

"You deserved it," James tells you, even as he reaches out to tuck the now loose strands of your hair, behind your ear, hand moving down your back and pulling you closer again. Giving you a half-smile, the War Machine pilot leaned down and presses a quick kiss to your lips.