Chapter 2-23

"Nothing about you has changed, has it Mr.Allen?" He flashes her a teasing smile "some things" he looks down as he cradles Danielle in his arms "but not everything -" "you should get to bed now, wouldn't want to see you without atleast 8 hours of sleep now, would I?" She just about hits him due to his sarcastic remarks "you better believe I love you, because otherwise.." she glares at him "otherwise what?" She kisses his cheek "I love you, okay?" Her soft words create an unbelievable feeling in his heart "I love you too, Cait" she picks up Danielle and stands up, putting her to bed and going to her room for the night.

In the morning. .
She hasn't been this energized to get up in ages, it's been so long but the wait has been worth while, the grieving a process, but it made her a stronger person... She gets up. "Oh my gosh, I look horrible" she looks at herself in the "I need makeup" she checks the bags underneath her eyes from having to be up with Danielle during the night so often; "forget it" she hears Barry speak his expression about her wearing makeup, as he's standing outside her door like a... Dork. Grabbing her house coat off the door handle she wraps it over her shoulders and opens it slowly "how long have you been standing there?" She questions "long enough" she rolls her eyes at his careless, playful attitude "what?" She asks "What, What?" He furrows his brows and looks at her with a smug expression "What are you doing?" She laughs "Y'know... Just listening for, oh! I got it.. My Goodmorning greeting" she can see the smirk growing on his face but he tries playing it off "or wait... -" he turns and looks towards the stairs "I forgot, you can do better" he turns away, walking towards the stairs, having to hide his laughter from showing...