Chapter 2-33

"Babe, I'm overwhelmed but you've never broken my heart" her tone hushes to a more silent inflection, she leans over and let's her lips come close with his "you have an awful habit of scaring me and.. it hurts" he resists the urge to kiss her, instead, as one mind he stands up with her "and whatever happened with you today..." Their bodies barely centimeters apart; "I will always be your Cait" she recognizes his not so subtle look "and no matter the challenge, you will always be my Barry"
"Babe.." he gazes in her eyes, trying his best not to get lost "– and If you ever thought I was going to leave you, believe me.. I'm not" he closes his eyes to keep his underlying feelings concealed "I think I just needed. ." she can sense the tension behind his closed expression "the reminder that you were still the same Barry" his dormant hands tenderly run through her hair "and you definitely still are" she smiles in relief, standing so close she can feel their profound connection lock back together.
Missing pieces rebuilding to make it all feel right; everything is falling into place.
With a glimpse of how hesitant he is, she knows exactly what's running through his mind; It doesn't take much understanding but she can feel it changing too, the mood is no longer the way it was.
She drags out the form fitting syllables of his name with a whispering tone; He breathes out..
The sound of her voice sends a teasing sensation down his spine, the touch of her hands tracing from his collar bone to around his neck and before he could comprehend it, the feeling of her tender kiss bordering on the edge of his sharp jaw line.
It wasn't a mystery anymore, it all made sense, for in that moment he knew.. What happened earlier today wasn't a figment of his imagination, it was most certainly his future; Everything becoming so clear, a light switch turning on in his brain.. and even without the physical chemistry that chained them closer together, he knew that some day, he was going to marry her.
He was going to marry Caitlin Snow.