Shenshi's funeral

There I stood on this cloudy day next to Aisura. There was a speech be presented.

"This great ninja will be missed, but never forgotten." The speach finally ended.

Now it was time to place the flowers on the grave. Aisura and I went first. We walked up together and stood there viewing Shenshi's smiling photo. We placed the flowers down and gave a prayer.

"Hey Shenshi. I miss you. You're an idiot we still need you, why did you leave us. Without you it feels like a part of me is missing. Anyway I hope you're happy wherever you are. Please watch over us my friend and guide us. I promise I'll never forget you or the happy times we had together." I finished my prayer.

Aisura and I finished our prayers and walked back into the crowed. We watched as everyone else put their flowers down. I turned to Aisura to see tear in his eyes. I would be crying to but I don't make it a habit of mine to cry in public. Soon the funeral ended and everyone leaf but Aisura and I. We walked up to her photo and stood in front of it for a few minutes. I heard Aisura began to sob loudly and I pulled him into a hug. I've gotta stay strong, for Aisura.

"Why? Why did this happen." Aisura sobbed into my shoulder.

"Because life is a bitch." I stated. "But we have to continue on living for her. We can never give up. She's passed her will of fire onto us and we have to carry it with pride." I spoke.

Aisura looked up at me and gave a small smile.

"You're right, I will. I'll carry her will of fire with pride." He spoke and I pulled him into another hug. "I have to get going now. But if you wanna come I'll be visiting her grave tomorrow." Aisura said.

"I'll be there." I spoke.

He nodded and gave me another sad smile before leaving. I turned back to Shenshi photo and began to shake. Then I felt a hand on my shoulder and I turned around to see Shikamaru. He looked at me with worry in his eyes. I soon collapse but Shikamaru caught me.

"I can't do this, I just can't." I cried.

Shikamaru pulled me into a hug. I gripped his shirt and cried into his chest.

"What do I do? She's gone. My best friend is gone. I can't stay strong, I just can't." I sobbed.

Shikamaru stroked my hair and rocked me back and forth.

"Why does everyone I care about die?!" I asked to no one in particular.

My eyes began to feel heavy and I closed them wanting to leave this horrible reality. I soon fell asleep in Shikamaru's arms. I have no idea how I fell asleep standing up.

~~~~Shikamaru's pov~~~~

Sora fell asleep in my arms so I picked her up bridal style and began to walk home. I looked down at her peaceful sleeping face and gave a sigh.

"This is such a drag. Why did you have to leave your friends Shenshi." I mumbled to the air.

Sora is going to have a hard time dealing with this as well as Aisura. And I have to deal with the chinin exams that are coming up. But that doesn't matter I'll be here for Sora whenever she needs it. She's lost to many people she cares about and considering how she use to deal with pain I'm a little worried.

Before I knew it I was in front of my house. I heard something and looked to the side to see the same fawn the Sora pat standing at the edge of the forest with its mother looking worried. It's strange that they feel somewhat comfortable around Sora. Then again the aura around her you can't help but feel comfortable around her. She's such an accepting person. She even forgave her bullies and accepted their friendship. Before I know it the fawn was next to me and sniffed Sora and looked at her with worried filled eyes. I gave the fawn a small smile and he began to walked away when my dad walked out.

"What was that fawn doing?" He asked looking at the fawn that was going back to the forest.

"It came up to see Sora." I said.

He looked shocked then looked at my arms and had a small sad smile.

"Go put her down." He said and I nodded.

I walked into my room and placed Sora on my bed. I put the blanket over her and got some hair out of her face.

"Sweet dreams, my troublesome woman who I love." I spoke kissing her forehead.