Asuma's revenge

I brushed through Ena's hair preparing to put it in a braid in her hair so it wouldn't get knotty when she sleeps.

"How was your day?" I asked her.

"It was good I suppose." Ena mumbled.

"Ena what happened?"

"Just some bullies."

I sighed and finished braiding her hair and picked her up.

"Whatever they say don't listen to them." I said rubbing her back.

I placed her in bed and tucked her in and kissed her forehead.

"Goodnight." Ena mumbled falling asleep.

"Sweet dreams little one." I said smiling at her.

I sat in the roof but my eyes narrowed noticing a group of three heading to the front gates. I summoned Yuki and made her stay home and watch over Ena while I sat in a tree by the front gates watching Shikamaru and his team. The hokage soon showed up and they soon left on a mission to track the akatsuki with Kakashi. I watched the group leave and worry filled me. I held my necklace around my neck and soon headed home. As I walked I held tightly onto my necklace.

"You better returned safely Shikamaru." I mumbled.

~~~~Shikamaru's pov~~~~

Our team walked to our destination and I walked behind. I pulled the deer necklace Sora got for me for out from underneath my shirt and held onto it. I knew she watched us leave and she wanted to stop us more than anything but I'm grateful she didn't. I looked down at the necklace and more determination filled me.

"Don't you worry Sora I will come back to you." I mumbled and caught up to the team.

~~~~Sora's pov~~~~

I saw a trail of blood and followed it. After a little while of walking I saw a pile of bodies and I fell to the ground as tears filled my eyes. It was the entire leaf dead. I heard a maniacal laugh all around me but couldn't pin point where it was coming from but I recognised the laugh. It was Orochimaru. I felt a snake constricted around my neck but I didn't fight it because I had nothing to fight for anymore no reason to exist.

I leaped up panting and quickly looked around and calmed when I realised it was just a nightmare. I stood up and went to Ena's room to make sure she was fine and she was. I sighed in relief and jumped onto the roof and watched the rising sun.

I ran my hand over my neck the nightmare still evident in my mind. I hope and pray that that dream never comes true. I don't want anyone else to die. Tears filled my eyes as worry and pain filled my chest. Why was life so cruel. I just want everyone to be safe and not have to fight for their lives on a daily basis. I mean Ena is training to be a ninja and she's learning fast and is top of her class which just means she'll have to put her life on the line sooner. But I will protect the ones I care for with my life.