Into the rain.

Some time has passed since my meeting with Sasuke and I was now sitting by the rain village when I saw none other than jiriya walking towards the rain. My eyes narrowed and I jumped behind him and he turned around to see me.

"What are you planing on doing you idiot?" I asked sharply.

"To get intel on the leader of the akatsuki. Do you know anything about him?" Jiriya said.

"I don't know anything but I suggest you dot go to the rain you'll probably end up dead." I said firmly.

He ignored me and continued. A groan escaped my mouth as I watched him walk away. I shouldn't help him I've just gotten away from the akatsuki and I shouldn't care for the leaf however I soon found myself next to him.

"What are you doing?" He asked.

"I'm not letting you go in there alone." I said blankly.

He just looked at me but seemed to accept it. We walked together towards the rain. What was I doing. Why do I even care what happens to the old perv I thought I got over this after what happened in the akatsuki. If I don't care for anyone nothing like that can happen again. And yet here I am still caring and still protecting the leaf in anyway that I can for now.

"The will of fire is still strong within you. But you also hold the thirds and Shenshi's will of fire. You would make everyone proud of you. Despite what you went through you still put the leaf above yourself." Jiriya said.

"The leaf was my first and only home. Despite how hard I try I can't abandon it. It's a drag but I'll still protect it even if it costs me my life." I said simply.

"You're sounding more and more like a Nara each day." Jiriya laughed.

I felt my face heat up and I looked away from him. Damn you jiriya and your ability to see my emotions even though I tried so hard to hide it. Also having a annoying ability to draw them out. Quiet like Ena and Shikamaru can.

We were walking and jiriya snuck us into the rain and we moved out to find information. I parted way from him but kept an eyes on his chakra. As I was walking around I saw origami angels out of almost every shop. I walked around listening into conversations and than one caught my interest.

"Did you hear lord pain apparently resides in the tallest tower in the rain." I woman said.

"That's just a rumour." Another woman said.

I walked past them and started heading to Jiriya's chakra so I could tell him this. But two rain ninja walked by me and stopped me. You have got to be kidding me.

"You're not from around here are you?" One asked.

"No I'm not I'm just visiting a friend I haven't seen in a long time that lives here. It's hard to get into contact with her because she loves it here and I can't often get the opportunity to visit her." I said sweetly.

They gave a small nod before leaving. When they were a fair ways away I went back on my way to jiriya.