Simple Sweet Sixteen:4

Jack:

"She'll be here in like 5 minutes. While we're in the pool, Jonah, you'll slip out and take Hashbrown to her house. Make sure everything is where it's supposed to be. The box of stuff is in the house under the sink." I was ordering people around. "Zach, you distract her while the rest of us get her cake ready and move everything around."

We decided to surprise her, but in a safe way. We invited her over to go swimming, but while she's swimming she'll be distracted by Zach, the rest of us will be getting the stuff ready. We decided not to invite anyone because we thought she'd be more comfortable around us. Jonah also said she doesn't do well in big parties.

"Where do you want me to hide Hashbrown for now?" Jonah asked.

"Hide him in your room or something. Just make sure he's in a box so he doesn't pee everywhere." Jonah ran off with the cute little pug puppy in his arms. We tied a big blue bow around his neck. Deja doesn't like the color red because it's too common.

We all waited in the backyard for David to bring her to the back. He was in on this too and August would be taking pictures so that we could savor this day for a long time. I smiled a bright smile when Deja walked into the backyard.

"Best friend!" I yelled.

"Best friend!" She yelled running and jumping into my arms. I set her on the ground and she laughed.

"Happy Birthday Deja." August was already snapping pictures. She wore black Nike Spanx and a Black Nike sports bra.

"Baby girl!" Zach called walking up to us. He wrapped his arms around her and hugged her. "Happy birthday..."

"Thanks, Daddy." I laughed. Zach shot me a glare.

Jonah, Corbyn, and Daniel all came to say Happy Birthday to her.

"Let's swim!" I yelled.

"Yay!" She laughed.

"Okay, ready we'll jump in together... on the count of 3." I smiled. "1...2...3!" I jumped. I heard laughing and I realized I was the only one who jumped. I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry...I wasn't sure if the water was cold or not..." She laughed. The rest of the guys were laughing too. She pulled out her phone and began playing the Titanic Song. I groaned as she grabbed my hands.

"I love you, Jack..." She says.

"No, don't say your good-byes, Rose. Don't give up. Don't do it." I say.

"I'm so cold..." She pretends to shiver.

"You're going to get out of this... you're going to go on and you're going to make babies and watch them grow and you're going to die an old lady, warm in your bed. Not here. Not this night. Do you understand me?" The guys were recording and August was snapping pictures.

"I can't feel my body..."

"Rose, listen to me. Listen. Winning that ticket was the best thing that ever happened to me." I said. "It brought me to you. And I'm thankful, Rose. I'm thankful. You must do this honor... promise me you will survive... that you will never give up... no matter what happens... no matter how hopeless... promise me now, and never let go of that promise."

"I promise."

"Never let go..."

"I promise. I will never let go, Jack. I'll never let go." We squeeze each other's hands before I slowly fake drift into the water. I laugh and pop back out of the water and grab her hand dragging her into the pool with me. The guys laugh as Deja splashes around in the water.