Loneliness:42

Deja: 

It felt like school had gone back to normal again. I was too busy with basketball and school to see Jayden and Jayden was busy with school and finding the right college. The Why Don't We boys were busy with getting ready for tour and flying in and out of California for performances and meetings. They performed on TRL which I thought was pretty cool. The Limelights were still all over the fact that Bridget cheated on Zach and they wanted to know who I was dating. A lot of them were thinking I was dating Zach, but I'd tell them no and tell them that Zach and I are just friends. Even though in reality, I didn't want anything to do with Zach Herron.

Jack and I haven't talked in a while since we're so busy with our own lives. It's been hard to keep in touch with any of the Why Don't We boys. Our schedules just don't match up anywhere, so I never get the chance to see or talk to them. My dad's work schedule has been pretty tight, so he comes home late and leaves super early the next day. Brianna is always out doing who know what and Bridget is never home. She's usually at a friends house or on a date with some dude no one knows.

So, most of the time, it's just me and Hashbrown. And on occasion, Jayden will join us too. But other than that, the house has been pretty empty. Sometimes, I sit in my room alone after doing all of my homework and think about running away and going back to Minnesota, but then I think about all of the people here who I love and I just decide to stay.

I hadn't talked to Jack in 2 weeks. 2 whole weeks. No texting, no calling. Nothing. Sometimes, I sat and wondered if Jack missed talking to me the way I missed talking to him. Or I wondered if he even missed me or thought about me at least once during the day. His life's so crazy and chaotic and I wish I knew what if felt like to live his life. Being able to do what he's dreamed of doing since he was a kid.

Zach on the other hand, has ignored my full on existence. He blocked me on everything. I don't know if he understands, that I'm the one who's supposed to block him or if I really did something to make him so mad he's angry at me. I heard he was dating someone. Or at least, the fandom has been talking about it. But I could care less that he's dating someone. What bothers me the most is that he has the nerve to be angry with me even though he was the one who was wrong.

Jayden refuses to tell me what he talked to Zach about on Halloween. It's bothered me for a long time and I keep begging Jayden to tell me, but he just shrugs and says he doesn't remember. Then he just laughs and continues to act like nothing happened or act like I didn't ask him anything at all.

I sat in my room thinking about all the events that happened in my life which led me here. And by here I mean, sitting in my room with nothing to do while my dog sleeps on my pile of laudry. The key trigger of my whole life being turned upside down was when my mom died. If she hadn't died, Jonah wouldn't have babysat me. I wouldn't have known Jonah, I wouldn't have played basketball, my dad wouldn't have remarried after Jonah moved away, I wouldn't have moved here, I wouldn't have met the boys, I wouldn't have met Jayden, I wouldn't have Hashbrown and I wouldn't be lying on my bed in a pretty house in Beverly Hills. I'd probably be a single, happy girl living in Minnesota with her mom, dad and little brother.

I snapped into reality when my phone began ringing. Jack's name flashed across the screen and I smiled brightly. I hadn't talked to Jack in a million years. I answered it.

"Jack!" I yelled into the phone.

"Deja!"

"I missed talking to you so much," I said.

"I missed talking to you too. How are you?"

"I'm great, how are you?" I asked.

"Amazing!" He sighed. "It's crazy to wake up in the morning and think that I'm actually living my dream. Sometimes, I'm afraid I'm gonna wake up and realize this is all just a dream, but it's real, Deja!"