Broken Hurts:11

Deja:

2 more days until school starts. 2 more days until I get thrown back in hell never to see 24/7 happiness until next summer. I lied in bed for a while this morning. I didn't really wanna get up. I was up until 1 thinking about Zach but I fell asleep at 4 after watching 3 hours of Netflix. My garbage bin had an empty bucket of ice cream in it and my basketball shoes were scattered across the floor. Hashbrown was chewing on a pair of my old Stance Socks. I sighed remembering everything yesterday.

I ran out of the Why Don't We house not wanting to look back at Zach. I opened my front door and turned looking back at him. He stood there just watching me. I shook my head and slammed the door shut.

I felt heartbroken. How could you tell someone that you love them, go away for a month and a half and come back forgetting you promised someone that you loved them? How could you leave and have someone stuck on you only to find out that when they come back they forgot all about everything they confessed? I felt like a fool. A fool who was drugged with the words "I love you" then slapped to reality. A fool who loved a guy so much she forgot there was no chance with him at all because he's amazing and gorgeous and he can love any girl in the world that he wants! A fool thinking that she had a chance with a guy who would travel around the country and be adored by screaming girls. I was a fool for Zach Herron and no matter how many times I tell myself I'm not, I know that I am. You can't half love someone, you gotta love that person or you don't and apparently, Zach didn't.

"What's wrong with you?" Bridget asked. She was sitting on the couch eating yogurt.

"Nothing..." I said wanting to cry.

"You look like you're about to cry."

"Why do you care?"

"I just wanna know, I'm trying to be a good sister." I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "Tell me."

"A guy made a promise to me and told me he liked me and then he left for 2 months just to come back and tell me he forgot about everything," I said. She laughed.

"I don't care," She said continuing to laugh. "You really think, I'll believe that a guy really likes...you?"

"He told me he loved me."

"Past tense, loved. Meaning, no more honey," She laughed.

I forced myself not to cry in front of Bridget, knowing that she would laugh in my face and make fun of me. I walked past her and up the stairs. I flopped on my bed and stared at Hashbrown. I unsuccessfully made a phone call to Jack.

"You love me, right buddy?" He barked and scratched at the cage. I opened it and he followed me back to the bed. I lied down. I watched as he pulled containers out from under my bed.

"What are you doing?" I asked. He jumped on top of the container, then onto my night stand then he got on my bed. "What the heck! Hashbrown!"

I laughed as he did circles on my bed. He happily snuggled against my body. Hashbrown made me feel warm and snuggly on the outside, but my heart was still cold and my blood felt like ice like it wasn't circulating the way it should. I lied there for about 20 minutes before deciding what I would do for the day.

I got out of bed and got into the outfit that I usually play basketball in. I wore red Nike basketball shorts and a black sweater over a white shirt. I dug through my closet looking for a pair of shoes to wear. My mind seemed to be off like I couldn't decide what to do with my life or I just didn't know what I was doing. I sighed unable to do anything. Hashbrown picked a pair of White Curry's and dropped them in front of me.