A Champion:72

Deja: 

It was the last game of the season. (I told u these chapters would be moving a lot faster. It's around January in the book right now.) 

There was a lot on my mind. The college scouts sitting in the bleachers right now. The bleachers full of kids from both schools hyping their teams up. My team looking more than defeated on the court right now. My dad has never missed one of my games in his lifetime and this was the first and I was already starting to feel horrible because of it. The screaming, the yelling, and the frustration causing my heart to pound a lot more.

I missed 5 threes in a row and 6 layups. I wasn't looking the freshest on the court. Amanda Wilson, the new girl who everyone was saying would whoop me in basketball was giving me the harshest attitude and I just couldn't take it. She's been doing it all season.

"Look, it's halftime and we're down by 26 points," Coach Avila said drawing a play on his whiteboard. "All we need is a few layups and some threes. You guys aren't communicating on the court-"

"Look, just pass me the ball. Stop passing it to Deja," Amanda said rolling her eyes.

"Excuse me?" I asked staring at her.

"You're the reason we're down in points!"

"Don't blame me. You're the one who steals the ball from me even though I'm on your team."

"I steal the ball because you suck!" She yelled. That was it,

"No more playing man, we're playing zone. 3-2. Sandra and Lola, play zone, but do not let them drive on defense. Give Amanda the ball. She's your point guard now-"

"What?!" Coach Avila asked. Whispers went around the locker room.

"If she thinks one person carries the whole team, she doesn't know what a team is." Amanda just smirked.

We did a cheer before we were all set out on the court. I whispered to the other teammates.

"Don't put your hands up," I whispered. "Don't even get open. Let Amanda do it herself."

All the girls gave me weird looks, but they did as told. None of tried for about 5 minutes into the 3rd quarter bringing us down by 37 points.

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!" Amanda yelled.

"You wanted the ball, so you got it," I said. She got angry the whole crowd was confused.

"YOU'RE A F*CKING B*TCH DEJA JOHNSON!" She yelled. The ref blew the whistle and she was taken out of the game. She flipped me off while walking out of the doors.

"Okay, look guys. I'm the point guard. Stay open, arms up. I'll get you the ball. We got this. It's just 37 points. And we have about 14 minutes. That's enough time to win. We got this."

...

6 seconds left on the clock and I was on the free throw line. 2 shots. Both in. Game tied.

"Stay down," I said. Lola nodded staying down on the other side.

#14 on their team went for a shot, but I swatted it and chucked it to Lola, who gracefully made a layup just as the buzzer went off. 62-60. BHHS won.

"Let's go!" I heard Jayden yell from the stands. He ran off and hugged me lifting me off the ground and placing me on his shoulders. "YOU WON, BABE!"

I laughed and placed a kiss on his lips.

"DEJA!" I looked up and saw all the Why Don't We boys running towards us. Jayden set me down as I gave each of them a hug. Zach smiled before I attacked him with a hug.