A Visitor:80

Deja:

"He doesn't like me," Zach said sitting across from me on the couch. He was sitting with his legs crossed and my legs were laid on top of his.

"I know..."

"I don't get it though!" He smirked, "What's not to like?"

I just rolled my eyes.

"I honestly still feel like we're all teenagers..." He said.

"That's you. I feel like a 40-year-old woman."

"Me too..."

"What?"

"Nothing." I laughed. "I'm still working on how to get Jay to like me."

"Just... Talk to him."

"About what?" He asked. "I just met him!"

"I don't know, just don't say anything about his dad around him. He's very sensitive."

"What if he just never likes me?" 

"He will, he just needs time."

"He got Jayden's looks, but your stubborn hard headed characteristics..." He said.

"Hey!" I yelled grabbing a couch pillow and hitting him with it. "I'm not stubborn!"

"Yeah, you are. Because if you weren't we would've dated."

"I was stubborn because you made me feel insecure and hate myself. And you hurt me! Why would I want to date you if you hurt me?" 

"It's not like I meant to hurt you! I was just trying to love you!"

"By hurting me over and over again?!" I asked.

"I didn't mean to hurt you!" He yelled.

I got angry and crossed my arms over my chest. "I'm not going to argue about this."

"Because you know I'm right."

"Shut up!" I yelled. "I'm trying to be a mature adult right now, Zachary!"

"I'm trying to be mature!"

"Well, how's that working for you?" I asked. "Because right now it doesn't seem like it's working!"

"Stop yelling at me, Deja!"

"You started yelling first!"

"You're so hot when you're mad! It's hard for me to be mad right now!" He yelled.

"Well-"

I was cut off by him getting up and placing his lips on mine. I angrily kissed him with my eyebrows scrunched. The more we kissed the less angry I got.

"Mommy?" I quickly shoved Zach off of me and turned in the direction of Jay's voice.

"Baby..." I got off the couch to go over to him.

"Why are you kissing him?!" He asked angrily.

"It meant nothing," I said trying to touch his cheek, but he moved and stomped to the backyard.

"I think I should go..." Zach said awkwardly.

"You don't have to-"

"No, I think it's best if I just go." I sighed as he placed a kiss on my forehead. "I'll be back tomorrow."

"Sure?"

"Promise-"

"Don't say that, Zach."

He sighed and just waved. He walked out the door and shut it behind him. I ran to the backyard and found Jay practicing throwing a football through the wooden hoop in the backyard. His goal was the get the football to go straight through the hoop without touching the sides. And he continued to scoot back on marked areas on the grass to throw it farther and farther.