Full of Surprises:16

Deja: 

I woke up at 5:30 as usual. I hopped in the shower and got dressed. I pulled on a pair of black leggings. I quickly grabbed Jayden's jersey which I hung up nicely in my closet. I softly traced the numbers on the back of the jersey. #32. I happily pulled the jersey over my head. I put on my white Nike's realizing that I have too many pairs of white shoes.

Hashbrown barked from his cage and I smiled. I pet his head and filled his bowls.

"Deja!" My dad called from downstairs. I checked the time and it was around 6:15. "Jack's here!"

"Send him up!" I smiled. A few seconds later Jack walked through my door.

"Hi!" I smiled.

"You're wearing his jersey!" He said. I laughed and nodded. He walked over and gave Hashbrown a pet on the head receiving a slobbery kiss on the face. Jack laughed and wiped the slobber off. I continued to get ready while he sat on my bed and watched me.

"Why are you here so early?" I asked as I brushed my hair.

"I wanted to say goodbye," He said.

I stopped what I was doing and looked at him.

"What do you mean, goodbye?" I asked.

"We're on break for a week and I leave today at noon. So, I wanted to come over and say bye since you'll be in school when I leave." 

"You're really leaving today? I just got you back!" He came back a week ago and he's leaving again.

"I'm sorry," He said.

"It's fine, just make sure you call me so I'm not lonely. You're the only person I can go to right now, especially since Bridget's really mad at me."

"What about your boyfriend?"

"He's not my boyfriend," I laughed and looked down at my fingers. "Besides, I'm not going to talk to him and tell him that the reason Bridget hates me, is him."

"But you kissed him," He said with a confused look on his face.

"I know..."

"Whatever," Jack said shaking his head. "Anyways, tell me how the game goes."

"Alright," I smiled.

"I have to go back home and finish packing." I stood up and walked Jack down the stairs.

"I'm gonna miss you," I said. He pats my head.

"I feel like we always say the same things when I say goodbye," He said making me laugh.

"Goodbye, Jack."

"Goodbye, Deja."

We gave each other one long hug shifting back and forth on our feet. I gave him a squeeze before pulling away.

He waved and ran off to the house. I went back to my own. I finished getting ready in time to leave for school.

The whole car ride was silent and Bridget gave me dirty looks the whole time. I just rolled my eyes and ignored her. She can be so irrelevant sometimes.

I got out of the car. I tugged on the bottom of the jersey before walking into the school building. Bridget broke off from me and joined her little group of friends. I walked straight to my locker and opened it making sure to set my stuff for the day at the front so I could grab it and walk straight to class why the bell rang.