Long Time No See:9

Deja:

*Morning of the boys' arrival*

I smiled brightly as I marked the last day on the calendar. Hashbrown was barking with happiness with his tail wagging back and forth. I picked his heavy self off the ground.

"Today's the day Hashbrown!" I kissed his head. I set him down on the floor so that he could run around.

I took a long shower. I got out of the shower and quickly got ready. I blow dried my hair and let my luscious waves hang over my shoulders. I wore short high waisted denim shorts, a white laced cami top and a light blue Marmot Reagan Flannel which was unbuttoned so you could see the top. I wore my white vans, which were starting to fade since I wear them so much. I smiled brightly. I put on light makeup using my Naked Palette for my eyes and Dolce K from Kylie Cosmetics for my lips. I put on mascara and curled my eyelashes one last time. I fixed my right brow until I was absolutely satisfied with it. I had awesome makeup skills, mostly because Cheyenne taught me how to put on makeup.

I walked downstairs. My dad was getting ready to leave. I smiled and helped him out by putting his lunch away and handing it to him. He looked up at me then quickly looked up again like he was shocked.

"You look beautiful today, Kiddo," He said smiling.

"Thanks, dad," I said.

"There's something about you today, it's like you're glowing. You look super happy and I haven't seen you super happy in a while."

"I am really happy today..."

"You get to see Jack, huh?" He poked my arm. "Do you have a crush on Jack?"

"Oh, my gosh, dad. No. Don't ask me who I have a crush on, it's weird." I laughed.

"Why don't you have a crush on Jack? He's a cool kid!"

"Because he's not in high school anymore and I don't graduate from high school until next school year."

"But he's good looking!"

"Dad!"

"I secretly see you guys together making Jack and Deja babies," He said.

"Dad!" I yelled while laughing. "Stop!"

"Whatever..." I laughed. "You look so much like your mother."

"Dad, we all know that's not true. I look like you."

"That's not what I meant. You look like me, but your beauty, your charm and the way you glow all comes from your mother." I smiled and he touched my face. "If only mom was here to see how beautiful her daughter turned out to be."

"Thanks, dad."

We both walked out of the house. He got into the car and waved. I blew a kiss and waved as he drove off. I turned and walked back into the house. I made myself Cheerios in a bowl and walked upstairs. I ate my cereal on the bed while Hashbrown ate his dog food.

My phone began ringing. It was Jonah.

"Hi!" I said into the phone.

"Hi, Deja!"

"What you doing?" I asked.

"Well, we're getting ready to board our flight back. How've you been?"

"Alright, I guess. I mean, my heart is still beating, I'm breathing, I'm pretty sure I'm alive... So like, yeah, I'm good." He laughed.

"Nice to know." The speaker muffled a little before he came back to the phone. "The guys' said hi."

"Tell them I said hi too!"