School:70

A/N: the book is going to be moving at a more faster pace at this point, but it will slow down again. I promise more Dach moments after the... surprise... 

Deja: 

"Have fun at school, babe," Jayden said through the phone.

"I'm like really nervous," I said softly while getting ready.

"Don't be, if anything, I should be the one who's nervous."

"Are you excited to be playing with the team though?" I asked.

"Yeah, of course, I am. It's just going to feel weird to not play on the same field as Tony and Chris..." He was still getting over saying goodbye to both of his best friends a week ago.

"It's going to feel weird walking around the halls and not seeing any of you guys. I'm probably going to be a huge loner this year."

"You're a great person. You'll be able to make friends fast."

"Okay... how's your apartment?" I asked.

"Lonely. I want you here with me." I smiled.

"Well, we're both going to be really busy..."

"Yeah, I know. But you have to come to one of my games. Even if it's just one, I'm fine with that."

"I will, I promise." I sighed. "You know after today, I have to start walking to school again."

"I forgot about that," he said laughing. "I was your ride to school all last year."

"No, except for that one day when we got into an argument and I had to walk to school. And all the times you left the state to look for a college, just so you could stay in the state." He laughed.

"I miss you..."

"I miss you too..."

"Deja! Hurry up!" Bridget called from downstairs.

"I gotta go," I said.

"Okay, bye. I love you."

"I love you too."

...

Bridget immediately found her minions. I sighed. I looked for my locker which was a few lockers down from Jayden's locker last year. I missed seeing him at his locker between periods.

I opened my locker and started to put my stuff inside. I shut my locker. Then I saw Peyton walk in. Her baby bump was super noticeable, but that's not what caught my eye. It was the person walking next to her that did. Zach Herron.

I rarely saw him over the summer because they were so busy with performances and meetings and a whole bunch of other stuff. But it hurt to see that he was with her. He saw me and his eyes dropped immediately fell to the floor like he was shameful. When he looked back up I gave him a warm smile to let him know that I supported him. He handed Peyton her stuff and he walked up to me.

"Hey," he said softly.

"You don't know how bad I wanna slap you right now..." I said pulling him in for a hug. He got taller. A lot taller.

"Why, what did I do?" He asked laughing.

"You're just so confusing, it hurts."

"How are you and Jayden?" He asked.

"We're great. Are you and Peyton..."

"No, uh, no."

"So, is it your baby?" I asked.

"No, it's not. I just- I don't know."

"Do you still like her?"

"No. Not at all. I just feel bad and she needs me and you know I can't say no when people need help."