Voices:39

Deja:

"Dude, are you trying out for basketball!?" Kyle yelled running after me in the hallway.

"Is that even a question?" I laughed a little. "Of course, I am."

"The girls' team hasn't won a game since 2007."

"You've got to be kidding me," I said. "2007? I was born like 6 years before that."

"Yup and it was the same year Ellie Stark graduated high school," He said.

"Who's Ellie Stark?"

"The best girl basketball player in BHHS history." He said. We stopped at a little glass box. "That's her."

"She's mad tall..."

"6 foot 3," He said. "She was like taller than half the guys at school."

"Wow..."

"But I've seen a few of her old plays on YouTube. You're probably the next Ellie Stark."

"Seriously?"

"Yeah, you don't have the height, but you do have the hops."

"I guess..."

"What's up?"

"I don't think I'm going to make the team," I said.

"You? What do you mean? You're amazing and you've got a lot of positivity."

"I know, but I'm kind of nervous..."

"That's normal, but it doesn't mean you should doubt yourself," He said smiling. "You've got this."

"Thanks, Kyle."

"Where's your boyfriend?" He asked. I laughed a little.

"Why can't you call him by his name?" I asked.

"I just like to tease you."

I rolled my eyes and laughed. "He's retaking a test."

"Aw... you've influenced him to make better choices!"

"Shut up," I said rolling my eyes and laughing.

"Anyways... what're you doing tonight?"

"I was planning to go today for basketball tryouts and then Jayden and I are gonna go trick or treating then have a scary movie night."

"Nice," He said. "You still go trick or treating?"

"Look, free candy is still free candy." He laughed.

"Well, Jamal's throwing a party tonight and it's an open invitation for everyone. And Jamal really wanted you and Jayden to come."

"Uh... we'll see. I'll talk to Jayden," I said smiling.

"You should. A party's not a party until you're there!"

"Yeah because everyone wants to see my cringey self."

"That's the best part!" I rolled my eyes.

The bell rang.

"I'll see you at lunch," I said walking away.

"Think about it!"

"Alright," I called. "Deuces!" He laughed and walked off.

I was about to walk into English when I felt someone pull me to the side. I felt someone place their hands over my eyes and cover my mouth.

I felt the tension in the person's body release a bit and the hands were removed. I opened my eyes to be greeted with Jayden.

"Why'd you have to do that? You could've just called me over," I said laughing.