Valerie:77

Deja:

"Jay, you can't touch the oven. Mommy is cooking," Jayden said.

"Purple!" Jay yelled with his two-year-old voice.

"What?" We both stared at him.

"Purple!" He yelled again pointing at Hashbrown.

"No, baby, that's Hashbrown..."

"Purple?" Jayden and I both sighed and just let him continue to call Hashbrown, Purple.

It'd been two years since Jay was born. Also marking 2 years since I last saw Zach, walking out of my graduation without keeping his promise.

"Dinner's ready!" I said with a smile. I placed the food on the table after Jayden and Jay set out the plates.

We all sat down to eat.

"How was your day?" Jayden asked me. I looked over at Jay and pointed at the rainbow of colors on the wall.

"Jay, you drew on the wall?!" Jayden asked staring at him. "Don't do that."

Jay just giggled and continued to eat his spaghetti.

"How was yours?" I asked.

"Same old, same old." He sighed. "I ran into Zach today. He was with some girl."

"What did he say?" I asked on the edge of my seat.

"He didn't say much. Just a quick hi and then he left with... I think her name was Valerie?"

"Was she pretty?"

"Why do you care?"

"Because Zach always picks the prettier sister- I mean girl. Jay, stop feeding Hashbrown your food." Jay just giggled.

"Zach goes for the prettier girls? No wonder he liked you. You gorgeous angel," Jayden said.

"Stop," I said blushing while throwing a spaghetti noodle at him.

"Yay!" Jay yelled grabbing handfuls of his spaghetti and throwing it at Jayden and me.

"Jay!" I yelled getting up. Jayden was laughing.

"See what you did?" Jayden laughed. "Jay, you can't throw your food, it's rude."

I sighed.

"Here, you go take a break and I'll clean up," Jayden said kissing my forehead. 

"No, it's fine," I said.

"No, I'm being serious-"

"I said it's fine!" Jayden looked at me with fearful eyes. 

"I'm gonna go clean Jay up," he said picking up Jay and taking him upstairs to clean up.

I sighed and sat down at the table burying my face in my hands. I missed Jack. I missed Jonah. I missed Daniel. I missed Corbyn. But I mostly missed Zach. I missed those long summer days that I spent waiting for them to come back from the tour or the days we'd go out and get Taco Bell. I missed Chloe and how we'd stay up all night talking. I missed the fairy lights and my old room.

I just got up and cleaned up the mess Jay made.

Zach: 

"Zach, I don't think you realize how much I love you. I just wanna spend the rest of my life with you," Valerie said softly.

"I love you too, Deja."

"Deja?"

"Sorry-"

"Who's Deja?!" She asked sitting up and staring at me.

"She's my old dog. She passed away about a year ago," I lied.

"I remind you of your dead dog?!"

"No, Val, babe..."

"Enough, Zach! For the past year, we've been in a relationship, all you do is call me Deja! Who is she?! Because when you talk about her in your sleep, it doesn't sound like you're talking about a dog at all!" She yelled.

"I've just been missing my dog a lot."

"You've been missing your dog so much you talk about how she was your first love when you guys first met when she moved in from across the street?" 

"I have a very close relationship with my dog."

"Zach, that's not normal. Tell me the truth!"

"Deja is a dog that I love very much," I lied again.

"You know what? We're done!" She yelled getting up and walking out of my room.

The guys watched as she walked out.

"C'mon, Val..." I pleaded. "She's just my dead dog."

"Deja does not sound like a dog!" All of the guys looked over in confusion. "We're done!"

She walked out of the house.

"Well, you're not as good as Deja anyways!" I yelled slamming the door shut as she got into her car and drove off.

"What was that?" Jonah asked as I angrily stomped back to my room to grab all of her stuff and throw it out.

As I cleaned up the mess, I found a taped up picture of me and Deja. My heart shattered as I picked it up and read the message.

Don't forget our promise <3 Love, Deja. This was the night that I got so angry with Deja because of the lies that Bridget told me and I ended up ripping up the picture and throwing it out, but Corbyn ran back and taped it up for me.

God, I missed her...

///

ik this was a v short chapter. like super short it's uncomfortable for me to read, but this is just the prep for the next chapter which is a HUGE chapter ;) **dach/zeja comeback?**

and there is a reason for everything happening like this i promise. i would be a basic author and just have deja and zach just fall in love instantly, but it needs a thick plot bc 'we love a thick sister' **WHERE MY GRETHAN GIRLS AT?!**

anyways... i just wanted to say thanks for coming along in this journey. it means a lot when i see u beautiful human beings take time out of their day to read a cringe af book like mine. thanks for clicking that cute little star and leaving comments. y'all are amazeballs!!

^ending sneak peek at top!! ;)