Pretty Girls:28

Zach: 

I sat in the store and waited for Bridget to come out of the dressing room. She walked out in a turquoise dress.

"Does this look alright?" She asked.

"Yes," I said. "You look absolutely stunning, now can you pick your dress and let's get out of here?"

"Zach... I want something that looks good. I want us to be the cutest thing at Homecoming!"

"And I want chicken nuggets..."

"Zach..."

"Bridget, dress shopping is boring," I said. She rolled her eyes.

"The why'd you come?"

"Because you asked me to!" She grabbed a red dress off the rack and walked into the dressing room.

I sat and watched fan edits on my phone. After a few minutes, Bridget walked out in the short lace red dress. I couldn't help but stare.

"You look great..." I said trying to swallow the lump in my throat.

"You think so?" She smiled and tucked a hair behind her ear.

"I know so," I said. I got up and walked over to her. I placed my hands on her waist and kissed her forehead. "I like this dress, you should get this dress."

"We'll have to get you a matching tie in burgundy," She said with a smile.

"In what?"

"Burgundy."

"What's that?" I asked.

"It's a color! It's this color," She said pointing at her dress.

"No, that's velvet."

"No one calls it velvet anymore, Zach. It's burgundy."

"Whatever..."

She walked back into the dressing room and came out dressed in her regular clothes and held the velvet dress in her arms. I paid for it. She smiled and kissed me on the cheek.

"Are you guys dating?" The cashier asked.

"Yeah," We both said.

"That's cute..." She smiled. I looked at Bridget who was pulling on my arm to leave.

I nodded and followed. We walked around the mall before we both went to Jamba Juice to get drinks.

"Bridget!" I turned and saw the group of girls Bridget was hanging out with at the party approach us. They immediately began squealing and hugging each other like they hadn't seen each other a few hours ago in school.

I walked around with them and listened to their conversation. Bridget pulled out her phone and showed them the pictures she took in the dress. They all awed over the dress and complimented it. They were all really pretty and all super perky. Practically just little mini versions of Bridget with different looks.

"You guys are going to look so cute at Homecoming!" Bridget's friend Olivia smiled.

"I know," Bridget said slipping her hand into mine. All of the girls squealed when I lifted our hands and placed a kiss on Bridget's hand.

"And you look so good in Burgundy!" Her other friend Jocelyn said.

"Thanks."

"What dress is Deja wearing?" Chloe asked. We all stopped and looked at her.

"Deja?" Bridget began laughing. I rolled my eyes. "She hasn't even been asked yet."

"Of course she hasn't. Jayden and her are dating which practically means that any time we have a dance, they're automatically going together. It's girl logic, B." Bridget rolled her eyes.